FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AC/DC Power Adapter

manfer
Anyone knows if there is somewhere online this AC/DC Power Adapter can be found?

Just in case the specs are not correctly readable:

Input: AC 100V - 250V - 0.5A
50-60Hz, 8W

Output: 1. +12V 200mA
2. +5.0V 1200mA
3. +3.3V 600mA
4. GND

The prize from the company that uses this AC/DC Adapter in one of its products is ridiculous as it is almost half the price of the whole product.
k_s_baskar
Think Searching in ebay will be helpful.
manfer
Thanks for trying to help but if it were such a simple thing to do I would have already done myself.

So this is a question for anyone that has a knowledge of AC/DC Power adapters, a person who is able to understand the specs of the device and a person who knows of any provider.

Thanks.
sysna
There is a simple solution for you, get a psu and then run it using tutorials available on the net. it will give you all your needed voltages as well as currents you want (most of what you need is below many standard 380Watt psu).
manfer
sysna wrote:
There is a simple solution for you, get a psu and then run it using tutorials available on the net. it will give you all your needed voltages as well as currents you want (most of what you need is below many standard 380Watt psu).

That AC/DC Adapter is not used on a computer is from a DVB-T device. It is a very small device that is plugged on a TV to see DTTV. A computer PSU is not a solution and would be even more expensive than bying a new of those AC/DC Adapters.
johans
try search here "cdrking" - but i am not sure if you can purchase online.. they have many useful and multiple adapters.

Usually i purchase on there store because i need to make sure what i purchase i try it first if things work then i buy it.
badai
look like USB type B (the one that is connected to printer)

if it's USB type B, then turn this picture clock wise 90:

manfer
Thanks for the name of the jack. Yes it is USB and yes I think I recall some printers use too that kind of usb jack (not for as power jack anyway I think).

I already made one of the photos to show the usb symbol on the cable jack but I didn't new exact name.

So, jack, USB type B male. Here is a better view of the jack.

badai
ok, now you know. since it's use for power only, just buy any usb cable and connect to a USB 3 port on a computer or any other USB power adapter that can supply 1A of power. if you don't have a USB 3 port, you can use Y cable to combine 2 USB 2 ports. supplying your device with 500mA might be bad or just take forever to charge if it consume more than what it's supplied.

i know samsung tab charger supply exactly 1.2A of power. can get compatible version on ebay.
manfer
The device that uses that cable has nothing to do with computers.

The device that uses that cable hasn't any battery on it. The device that uses that cable is power up by that cable. When you connect that cable it receives current and works. When you disconnect the cable it doesn't receive current and it doesn't work.

The cable is meant to be plugged in a type C or type F socket supplying 230V 50Hz AC.

Though the solution you provide is ingenious and could maybe be viable if the device had a battery, it is not a good solution as this device hasn't a battery nor any computer near it to constantly supply power to it. Nor would be really a solution anyway if it needed a plugged computer to make that device work.

Thanks, but the solution has to be a cable, AC/DC adapter like the one in the pictures. One end is a type C plug the one that goes into the socket and the other end that plugs on the device is an USB type B male. In between both ends there is the adapter (in the cable it is rigidly attached to the type C plug) that transforms 230V 50Hz AC into the DC current with the specs shown.
badai
you don't have to spell it out A to Z. it should be clear to you because my second sentence clearly stated it's use for power only, means no data, means no computer involved. everybody knew that because your first picture showed that euro type plug. it'll really help if you don't treat people as dumb when you are asking for help.

by the way, just in case you miss my suggestion, use USB power adapter (which mean something you can plug in wall socket and have a USB outputt)

in case you cannot visualize it, here's a picture:

and since most of this thing come with only 500mA power, you could use samsung tab charger which came with 1.2A power, just like your original "power supply"/"charger"/whatever (notice and take note of the quote. it may not be a charger or power supply. i just use it for lack of better word)

again, if you think we all are dumb and confident we suggest the wrong thing, take a look of this picture of samsung tab charger:

just replace the cable with a printer cable, you got exactly what you want.

if this help, say thank you like your mother teaches you.

you are welcome to ask further question, politely of course.
manfer
Sorry if you felt I treated you as dumb but I just wanted to make clear what I was asking for.

If you look to others replies you'll see it seems not so clear to everyone even taking the time to post 4 images that clearly show what the cable is and asking for something with a reasonable price.

So yes I prefer to explain things A to Z. It is just me the one losing the time to write it very clearly and makes no harm I suppose.

And I didn't forgot anytime to give a thank you. You can review my last post if you want.

Thank you I will look if the price of those pieces are worth to try it as a solution.
ocalhoun
While the connector is similar if not identical to USB, I do NOT think it's a USB power adapter.

One of the output voltages listed on the adapter is 12v, but USB doesn't use 12v power, only 5v, at maximum.
(For that matter, it's quite unusual for a power adapter like this to have multiple output voltages. The common ones have only one output voltage.)

Whatever this adapter was meant to power... whatever device you plug it into, I think you should consult the manual and/or tech support of that device to find out where to get a replacement, since it appears to be a rather unusual little thing.
manfer
ocalhoun wrote:
While the connector is similar if not identical to USB, I do NOT think it's a USB power adapter.

One of the output voltages listed on the adapter is 12v, but USB doesn't use 12v power, only 5v, at maximum.
(For that matter, it's quite unusual for a power adapter like this to have multiple output voltages. The common ones have only one output voltage.)

Whatever this adapter was meant to power... whatever device you plug it into, I think you should consult the manual and/or tech support of that device to find out where to get a replacement, since it appears to be a rather unusual little thing.

That would be bad news because the problem is the replacement in my opinion doesn't worth to be bought because it is almost have price of the full device. Sad

That's why I was wondering if that kind of power adapters could be found somewhere else.
ocalhoun
manfer wrote:

That's why I was wondering if that kind of power adapters could be found somewhere else.

Perhaps... I don't know the name of them though... What kind of device did it power anyway?

In any case, since the label on it (very handily) gives you a pinout description of the connector, it would be possible to make a new one and wire it into the existing plug. An old PC power supply would do, if you don't mind it being louder and bulkier. (You could also use three ordinary power adapters, one for each voltage.)
After cutting the plug (with a generous length of wire) from the cable, strip the wires and use a multimeter to test connectivity between the pins on the plug and the wires in the cable, making note of which pin (and therefore which voltage) corresponds to which wire. Once that's done, connect those wires to the correct voltage wires in the old PC power supply. Test it, wrap it up, and enjoy your cheaper -- but much bulkier and more inconvenient -- power supply.