FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A big problem about Ubuntu

likeabreeze
Totally new to Ubuntu, and everything works just OK, even though it is very different from Windows.
But there is one thing that really disturbs me.
When I modify some settings(from the system and the software), there seems to be no such thing as "confirm" or "apply", everything changes when I make the change, the settings don't have to be saved to go into effect.
I don't know if this is common in Linux operating system.
But I am sure this is a big problem, considering the users can't cancel the changes once they want to go back.
And, this don't save much time...
I can't figure out why ubuntu do this
Peterssidan
I don't think it's such a big deal. Why are you changing the settings if you don't want them to take effect? It could be frustrating if the changes wasn't saved when pressing the X button, and I would hate it more if there was a popup that asked me if I was sure that I don't want to save the changes. Actually, there are some settings with an apply button (at least in the version of Ubuntu I use).
xpcpro
I really dont seem it being a problem if you really know what your doing if not linux is far from you Smile atleast ubuntu you have chosen
metalfreek
Here is one thing that you should know as a new user. If you don't know what you are doing, don't do it. Most linux distro don't have apply and then save button as windows so you have to be careful about what you do.

I think you will get used to it in few week anyway.