FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pool Rules

deanhills
Thought the pool rules below were pretty thorough and had me smiling at the same time. They are from the swimming pool at the Howard Johnson Hotel I'm staying at in Manta, Ecuador.

IceCreamTruck
What in the world is "slanhing"? Do they mean splashing?
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Looks that way! Smile
Vanilla
Quote:
Use the pool at your own risk

I'M GONNA USE THE POOL! Do not try to stop me! These look like some advice taken from a package insert of a very dangerous drug. At some point I thought I was going to read "Do not try to drive or operate heavy machinery in the pool". Razz
c'tair
Careful deanhills, the hotel doesn't take responsibility for death in the pool.

Also, please, PLEASE refrain from fighting or waging warfare in the pool. NO ABC WEAPONS ALLOWED!

Hope you're having a blast, dude Smile
hw3patch
Was that a kiddie pool or a swimming pool? It's a mere 1.2 meters deep; good thing they have a rule forbidding diving!
darthrevan
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Looks that way! Smile

Wow, I didn't even notice that the word was misspelled. Though what is worse is a news story about a school misspelling their school name or so.
Bondings
That you are not allowed to dive into a 1.2 meters pool is a pretty obvious rule. Of course there are always some stupid people ignoring it and breaking their necks. Rolling Eyes

Most of the rules are not that special, although I agree way too thorough (too many rules won't be read by most people anyway). Not allowing younger than 15 year olds to swim alone is a bit outrageous. Either make it an adult-only pool or lower that by a lot.
Insanity
I think people just want to make sure they are covered so they aren't liable for people doing stupid things. Although it won't exactly hold up in court anyways.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
That you are not allowed to dive into a 1.2 meters pool is a pretty obvious rule. Of course there are always some stupid people ignoring it and breaking their necks. Rolling Eyes

Most of the rules are not that special, although I agree way too thorough (too many rules won't be read by most people anyway). Not allowing younger than 15 year olds to swim alone is a bit outrageous. Either make it an adult-only pool or lower that by a lot.
Agreed. This country is quite obsessive about safety & security and probably litigation associated with it as well. And ironically Ecuador has almost no safety & security at the same time. Although must say I´ve only seen adults using the pool and they have been pretty good swimmers (for exercise). Maybe those rules were written by Howard Johnson with application to all of its Hotels including the ones in less sophisticated environments.

Must say some of the rules, like the one on diapers were a bit humorous.
standready
Absolutely NO fun will be allowed in the pool area! This is for our protection.
darthrevan
Bondings wrote:

Yeah some teenagers are gonna act stupid but requiring parental watch at that agree is a little much like Bondings said
drunkenkoz
That is a lot of rules to follow for just swimming in a pool. The pool at the hotel I stayed in last summer had just a couple. Basically no running, don't pee or poop in the pool, and kids under 12 should only be able to swim if there is an adult present in the area.
deanhills
drunkenkoz wrote:
That is a lot of rules to follow for just swimming in a pool. The pool at the hotel I stayed in last summer had just a couple. Basically no running, don't pee or poop in the pool, and kids under 12 should only be able to swim if there is an adult present in the area.
Agreed. As well as no diving. I like it however that they have given the depth of the pool. I'm always curious what it is. Quite a number of pools have that painted or tiled inside the pool. But some don't.
siemens13
Thanks to you for giving us nice info about pool.