You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Early 80's rocks!

I am a huge fan of the rock genre from the early 80s to the early 90s. For some reason I don't like the modern rock. Is there anyone in here who thinks alike? Very Happy
my own personal "eternal Pops":
Steve Winwood - While You See A Chance
Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night
Supermax - Lovemachine Part I (4:37)
Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right
Fleetwood Mac & Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen
FYC - Ever Fallen In Love )
Ellis, Beggs & Howard - Big Bubbles, No Troubles
Stevie Wonder - Superstition [Remastered Long]
Martha and the Muffins - Echo Beach
Mother's Finest - Baby Love [1978]
Foreigner - Urgent
Genesis - Abacab
Gary Numan - Cars
Talking Heads - Same As It Ever Was
Genesis - Mama
Flash And The Pan - Ayla [1990]
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Breakdown
Sniff & The Tears - Driver Seat

By the eighties it connects not only political experiences, but also the music that was produced during this decade in masses. This generation had a very specific taste in music, which makes for excitement today when the 80's music is played in clubs or the like. But most connect with this music for a while, when everything seemed simple and pretty. So that even today can remember the good old days, you should pick up a speaker system in your own home. Thus, then thoroughly enjoyed the music from the eighties.

Legends like Madonna and Michael Jackson have at that time took her first steps in the music industry and produced songs that even 25 years later, everyone can sing along. The famous group Milli Vanilli started at that time their short-lived career as fairly quickly became clear that she does not even sing their songs. Other bands that have shaped this time are many in the 21 Century known still. For example, Dire Straits, with its British rock many people have inspired and influenced. Singer and the band leader Mark Knopfler fills, still music halls.

MOD - Serial posts combined with first in series. Please review The Forum Rules and the Frihost FAQ
I hate when they condemn 80s for having some kind of plastic drum sound and funny haircuts. I tend to think all the decades have their own distincted symbols. And for me sound of 80s is really something that brings old memories. Besides I love the sound of 80s for having its own depth, even with those synths. It clearly bears the reflection of what took place in 80s - socially, politically, culturally.
I have to say that I was really into the early 80s and 90s music. My dad was the one that got me into them.
Some of things I listen from 80s - Pixies, REO Speedwagon, Heart, INXS, The Pretenders, Skid Row, Dead Kennedys.
Well, I must admit, it's not just because I'm from the 80's myself, but the 80's rock really rocks! :-p

Even youngsters who didn't live that moment themselves still love it! Around here you see often those 80's parties or concerts, exhibiting bands from back there or those cover bands that play really alike and make us all travel back on time.

I like to get to know different things, styles, songs, but the truth is: nothing coming those days sounds as good as it used to back there, even if some say it had a plastic drum sound or whatever... Very Happy
80s rock!!! Bands I still listen to now from back then are things like The Smiths, Iron Maiden (listening to them as I type!! Very Happy), ZZ Top. I'm a fan of Kiss as well, but this wasn't their best era. Would have to say Metallica, who are my all time favourite band.
In the UK we used to have a festival called "Monsters Of Rock"...I went to this in the mid-eighties & saw and up-coming Guns n Roses, Megadeth, Kiss, David Lee Roth & top of the bill were Iron Maiden.
A fantastic day's music, and very much rooted in that era.
Things have lost their rawness now, and all seems massively over-produced.
When a song is good it is good forever. There are a lot of good music from the 70s and even 60s that a lot of people today will like too. A lot of them are even popular tunes that many young people will not even knnow they are so old though they had listen to them in some movie, TV series, TV Advertisement...

The 80s rock bands I liked more are U2 and Queen (though probably queen is from even a little earlier and they were just kicking in the 70s).

Two so good bands that sound fantastic live.

There are lots and lots of good songs in the 80s from a lot of bands, rock, pop, reggae, ...