FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Communion on the Moon

nickfyoung
Was reading recently that when Armstrong did the famous moonwalk way back in 69 or there a bouts, the guy that got off behind him was Buzz Aldrin. Apparently he was an elder in his Presbyterian church and his minister had arranged for him to have a little vial of communion wine and wafer so he could take communion on the moon which he did.
So the first food and drink on the moon was communion. He wanted to broadcast it over his radio as he took it but they wouldn't let him because NASA was still being sued by some Atheist because they had read from Genesis on a previous orbit.
nickfyoung
The other thing Buzz had to do while he was on the moon was something for the Freemasons as he was also a member.
Do you think Freemasonry and Christianity are compatible. I know many church members are Freemasons but should they be.
Dialogist
I didn't know about the freemason part, but Aldrin is a winner for his interplanetary ritual. He also said he left his Bible up there on the moon. In case some aliens wanted to read it or something. Science has changed a bit hasn't it? Still looking for God particles though. Can you be a freemason and Christian? I don't see why not. It's just an old men's club with stupid handshakes last time I checked. I doubt many of them perform occultist rituals anymore. I'd be hard pushed to believe that that many of them ever did. They go to a lodge and talk about rifles. It's not like they're indulging in necromancy or alchemy like some of the people who invented white Jesus.
Dialogist

Always preferred Aldrin to Armstrong, personally.
nickfyoung
Dialogist wrote:
I didn't know about the freemason part, but Aldrin is a winner for his interplanetary ritual. He also said he left his Bible up there on the moon. In case some aliens wanted to read it or something. Science has changed a bit hasn't it? Still looking for God particles though. Can you be a freemason and Christian? I don't see why not. It's just an old men's club with stupid handshakes last time I checked. I doubt many of them perform occultist rituals anymore. I'd be hard pushed to believe that that many of them ever did. They go to a lodge and talk about rifles. It's not like they're indulging in necromancy or alchemy like some of the people who invented white Jesus.

Don't know about the Bible bit. He had a very limited ability to cart stuff with him and the verse he read out off a very small card.

I can remember going into a coffin and lighted skulls popping out of drawers when I did my 3rd degree.
Apparently the blue lodge is relatively harmless although it is teaching an alternative method of salvation and promising entry into the lodge in heaven.

The red lodge gets a bit more hairy as it moves towards the 30 plus degrees and after that puts Jesus and Satan as one and the same.
Dialogist
From what I heard from Jim Lovell's Apollo 8 broadcast, NASA were using the KJV, which is a paper weight anyway. So no worries if it is still there or not. I think the method and motive of "freemasonry" obviously come into play when questioning whether it is compatible with Christianity. A lot of Irish Roman Catholic families have up to 5 to 10 kids, so sex and drink is compatible with Christianity. A lot of Protestant faiths acknowledge (macro)evolution, so idolatry and blasphemy is compatible with Christianity. There's some sects of Christianity which allow various forms of mortification bordering light self mutilation so I guess that's compatible. The scope is wide and it answers to the particular brand of Christianity that one subscribes to (in the eyes of the patron and patronizer anyway). For example we (even the secular "we") don't do bigamy but Mormons and some sections of born again evangelists do. They are all Christians and they deem it compatible with their faith. Thou Shall Not Covet Thy Neighbour's Wife(s). You can't reconcile The Red Lodge with Christianity though, I agree.
nickfyoung
Dialogist wrote:
From what I heard from Jim Lovell's Apollo 8 broadcast, NASA were using the KJV, which is a paper weight anyway. So no worries if it is still there or not. I think the method and motive of "freemasonry" obviously come into play when questioning whether it is compatible with Christianity. A lot of Irish Roman Catholic families have up to 5 to 10 kids, so sex and drink is compatible with Christianity. A lot of Protestant faiths acknowledge (macro)evolution, so idolatry and blasphemy is compatible with Christianity. There's some sects of Christianity which allow various forms of mortification bordering light self mutilation so I guess that's compatible. The scope is wide and it answers to the particular brand of Christianity that one subscribes to (in the eyes of the patron and patronizer anyway). For example we (even the secular "we") don't do bigamy but Mormons and some sections of born again evangelists do. They are all Christians and they deem it compatible with their faith. Thou Shall Not Covet Thy Neighbour's Wife(s). You can't reconcile The Red Lodge with Christianity though, I agree.

"They are all Christians"

Have trouble with that one. Mormons for one are classified as a non Christian cult.
Can't understand why Romney is getting so much support from the Christian voters.
nickfyoung
Dialogist wrote:
From what I heard from Jim Lovell's Apollo 8 broadcast, NASA were using the KJV, which is a paper weight anyway. So no worries if it is still there or not. I think the method and motive of "freemasonry" obviously come into play when questioning whether it is compatible with Christianity. A lot of Irish Roman Catholic families have up to 5 to 10 kids, so sex and drink is compatible with Christianity. A lot of Protestant faiths acknowledge (macro)evolution, so idolatry and blasphemy is compatible with Christianity. There's some sects of Christianity which allow various forms of mortification borderin"g light self mutilation so I guess that's compatible. The scope is wide and it answers to the particular brand of Christianity that one subscribes to (in the eyes of the patron and patronizer anyway). For example we (even the secular "we") don't do bigamy but Mormons and some sections of born again evangelists do. They are all Christians and they deem it compatible with their faith. Thou Shall Not Covet Thy Neighbour's Wife(s). You can't reconcile The Red Lodge with Christianity though, I agree.

"I think the method and motive of freemasonry"

The problem probably is that freemasonry is offering an alternative salvation when Christianity claims that there is only one way to salvation.

"the particular brand of Christianity "

This is a major problem. There should be only one brand of Christianity and when we see many all claiming to come under the Christian banner it tends to water down the real thing. The real thing is not visible any more as it has been obscured by all these other brands. It is quite legitimate then to lump them all together and claim a nonsense. The Bible talks about God's church, the real Christians, so I guess that is what matters. It is just a shame that Christianity has been so debased by so many hangers on so that it becomes confused in the eyes of ordinary people.
Dialogist
wrote:
The Bible talks about God's church, the real Christians, so I guess that is what matters.

You can get yourself down that old Canaanite/Syrophoenicians are not good enough to be Gentile (The chosen ones/Children of David) path though, and it's archaic and best kept in antiquity. Even Christ himself found himself immersed in this culture and there's a lot of debate back and fourth about whether or not He himself used racist rhetoric to debase a human being based on religious/ethnic discrimination. I personally think He didn't but the debate is on the table for a reason, and it's there, I've seen in recent times, because it does actually have conjecture. There's even an instance where Jesus actually gets "Owned" by woman concerning this (in Matthew 15:27). I'm not sure what this is supposed to teach us, but I hold that it is positive. It's the only time in the entire New Testament when Jesus isn't the teacher, and isn't the one with the witty/wise comeback, and almost seems like He actually learned something (from a woman!), rather than it being the usual story of somebody learning something from Him. This account is most relevant, for me, in that it shows Jesus in an admirably humble light, like He actually made a mistake, and was left with egg on his face. Undergoing the entire human experience is important to the story of Jesus, as a whole. But your views of others has a certain intolerance that this story would teach us by its conclusion that one (a Christian) would do well to avoid. Not only did Hitler attempt to use the same thinking in his writings in Mein Kampf, he did so (in my opinion) to debase what he saw a lesser race - and align and reconcile this with the predominant religious belief (power and people control) of the day. Which was and still is Christianity. So when you say,

nickfyoung wrote:

It is just a shame that Christianity has been so debased by so many hangers on so that it becomes confused in the eyes of ordinary people.

I understand and 9 times out of ten completely agree, but am still thankful that Christianity has the blanket protection of the masses, as the official religion of the west, of the politicians, presidents, armies and man on the street (passively or just traditionally) because without that, we may well be a goner. I don't think we would, but we'd certainly have it a lot harder in today's climate of subversive polemics and the ever growing diaspora of scientific iconoclastic posturing.

This is important and you shouldn't take it for granted. It was a Christian ethic which put a stop to the man who attempted to make the 'new age' a reality, and being completely honest, without an army subscribing to it, he'd have had his way and believe you me, the Vatican was top of the list. While it may have pleased you, as a protestant to see that institution fall, remember who you're basing your opposition off of and who is giving you a definition in the first place. That's not to say, "It is us that are the

nickfyoung wrote:
the real thing

It's merely just to say that you wouldn't exist without us. And that Matthew 15:27 ending with, "Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." would take on a whole new modern meaning. Actually nothing would exist without us. Just John Lennon imagining not having a rolls royce. I would avoid discriminating against anyone. Not just as a Christian, but it's just not really a good look for anyone. Even the people you look down upon as debasers, mostly find that that morally repugnant.