FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Android application

darthrevan
I Don't think this has been suggested, but having an Android app would be nice. That way we could post msgs without needing a browser. Sometimes my keyboard on Mt phone acts up when using the browser to post here
ocalhoun
...And while we're at it, make a windows app for accessing frihost from windows without using a browser why not?

Instead of making an app for every website on the internet, why not just make phone browsers better, so they'll be capable of doing it correctly?
darthrevan
Don't have to sound rude, it its just a suggestion that I thought would be nice. Looking at small text on a phone isn't as easy as using a PC. If the app focused on the forum by topic category and larger text, that would help.
johans
i guess this topic have be suggested before.
busaboss
I think it is better if it will be included in Tapatalk? Its cool and its a very convenient way to browse forums on the go. I always use it and I like to hang out there more than in my laptop. Very Happy
darthrevan
busaboss wrote:
I think it is better if it will be included in Tapatalk? Its cool and its a very convenient way to browse forums on the go. I always use it and I like to hang out there more than in my laptop. Very Happy

Tapatalk would work, if there is a way for it to be added, I guess that would be up to tapatalk or something. Maybe one day it will be a feature that will be available Smile
william
Tapatalk is quite easy to add if you're using new-ish forum software. phpBB 2, however, is not supported by Tapatalk and the only way to set up Frihost for Tapatalk is to develop a plugin using their API. Not exactly a quick job and probably not as beneficial as, say, a mobile friendly theme. That said, I don't really have too many issues browsing Frihost on a smartphone. It's not ideal (the keyboard occasionally doesn't cooperate with the text input box) but it works 90% of the time. Oh, and using a desktop user agent on a tablet works consistently well.
darthrevan
Yeah a tablet would help quite a bit to see better, unfortunately, my phone display is fairly small.oh well I will live.
darthrevan
well I have found am alternative to tapatalk, it is forumrunner. to the admin team if you register this site to use it,
then frihost could earn some extra money though the visits using the app
p.s seems the app is compatible with phpbb.
milkshake01
A good idea. More people would then come to this forums.
Aredon
ocalhoun wrote:
...And while we're at it, make a windows app for accessing frihost from windows without using a browser why not?

Instead of making an app for every website on the internet, why not just make phone browsers better, so they'll be capable of doing it correctly?

While you're entitled to the opinion, the market currently disagrees with you. Websites have to follow the market to attract users, and it is as simple as that.