FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Helpful info for recipients of free domains

ocalhoun
Just thinking, it might be helpful to give anybody getting a free domain registration a link to this page:
http://www.priceblink.com/coupons-codes/godaddy.com/191?c=5223&s=U&revealed=true
I saved 30% on my order that way, allowing me to use some of the remaining gift certificate balance for charity.

Unfortunately, godaddy doesn't allow you to use multiple discounts, but they CAN be combined with gift card codes, and if you put in multiple codes, their site will automatically apply the one that gives you the largest discount.
You enter in the coupon code on the shopping cart page, in the box to the right. There's a little link inside that box you click to add a coupon code.

...Just thought it might be nice to make this available to anyone who uses it.
I'd recommend adding it to the standard PM or page a user receives when they get their gift certificate code.
Josso
Very nice. I might need one of these for my next renewal. They want like $10 or something for renewing anon whois Mad
johans
good information. but i get my domain name by bonding in exchange to my coins and he has its own referral link.
busaboss
Actually they have a coupon code right now for $2 domain name. It includes .com, .mobi, .biz, .net, .org, .us, .mobi, .biz, .net, .org, .ca, .co.uk or .in domain name.

Quote:
https://www.facebook.com/GoDaddy/app_364971016856602

Quote:
*Plus ICANN fee of $0.18 (USD) per domain per year for .com, .mobi, .biz, .net, and .org.
$2.00 (USD) Domain Details: Discount applies to first year only of one new registration of a .com, .us, .mobi, .biz, .net, .org, .ca, .co.uk or .in domain name. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion, including sale pricing, bulk discounts, or special partnership programs. Discount will be reflected in your shopping cart. Also see shopping cart for other currencies available. A domain purchased through this offer will renew at then-current price after the initial term has expired. Customers may not use gift cards, PayPal® or AliPay to redeem this offer. Offer expires after 5,000 redemptions or at 11:59pm on December 31, 2012 or at Go Daddy's discretion (whichever occurs first).

Promotion Details: Must be a Facebook account holder with 15 or more Facebook friend connections, Facebook application 'Request for Permission' must be accepted, and must have a valid email address on account with Facebook. Promotion expires after 5,000 redemptions or at 11:59pm on December 31, 2012 or at Go Daddy's discretion (whichever occurs first).

Hope this helps! Very Happy
deanhills
Very useful info, thanks Ocalhoun! Cool
ocalhoun
johans wrote:
good information. but i get my domain name by bonding in exchange to my coins and he has its own referral link.

I did the same, but got a discount on it anyway.