FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Favorite Browser

Which Browser do you like?
Opera
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Firefox
75%
 75%  [ 9 ]
MSIE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Konquror
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Saferi
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

klingoncowboy4
What is your favourite browser?

I prefer to use Opera and am a major contributor in the Opera Community... not as big as akh but still...
myrevolt
There have been at least 2 threads on this very subject. Not to start a flame war...*hits head* but I personally prefer Firefox. And for the average user its a good step-up from IE. Yea I know that if you knowwhat you are doing IE, Firefox, and ANY browser is just as secure. But I like Firefox's redunancy, especially when I install it on a friends computer, so I don't have to go to their house every week to reformat Razz That's the end of my speel.

P.S. Anyone know how to fix the screen on a TI-89? (calculator) just thought I'd ask cause the damn half the screen goes all black when I try to use it.
Dark_Jedi06
Yeah, I'm going to have to go with Opera as well. Razz

...and if anyone votes IE, they die. Shocked

Razz
SunburnedCactus
myrevolt wrote:
P.S. Anyone know how to fix the screen on a TI-89? (calculator) just thought I'd ask cause the damn half the screen goes all black when I try to use it.

Usually means a dodgy connection inside, or pressure on the LCD.

Time to McBin!!
klingoncowboy4
myrevolt wrote:
There have been at least 2 threads on this very subject. Not to start a flame war...

I figured that there would be...

There is no need to flame...
therestofus
Although I mainly use Firefox, I have to go back to Internet Explorer every now and then because Firefox just cant handle a lot of stuff, and its kinda faulty.
sky
Using firefox.. and sometimes IE.. some of the website, works well only in IE Sad
SuperMonkey
Same for me, Firefox all the way Smile (until someone's site isn't compatible with it and I'm forced to use IE Sad stupid IE)
TeK
I'm a Firefox user. It's exactly what I need in a browser. I'm also trying out Flock right now. It reminds me alot of Firefox except it takes a little longer to load.
tribe
FIREFOX!

Firefox has the most etensive number of features and doesn't freeze up like IE and others I have tried in the past. The pop up blocking system is the best for any browser around and the support is out of this world. A search engine at your fingertips and tabs for browsing multiple sites at the SAME Time.

Firefox kicks butt and since its free; you can't beat that.

I also like the Extension and Themes to personalize your Firefox to what you like best!
tribe
FIREFOX!

Firefox has the most etensive number of features and doesn't freeze up like IE and others I have tried in the past. The pop up blocking system is the best for any browser around and the support is out of this world. A search engine at your fingertips and tabs for browsing multiple sites at the SAME Time.

I also like the Extension and Themes to personalize your Firefox to what you like best!
tribe
FIREFOX!

klingoncowboy4
sky wrote:
some of the website, works well only in IE Sad

There is only one site I found that didn't work in Opera... and that one was deliberatley cirpled. That website was MSN. When I set Opera to identify itself as Internet Explorer it worked. It is not difficult to make your site imperviouse to this... Opera ALWAYS identifies itself as Opera and gives a correct version number. It is possilbe to make Mozzila browsers spoof the id as well. It involves changing a particular config file. Since it is done manually it is possible to force it not to state "Mozzila" anywhere and as a result it is TRUE spoofing.
cnnet
I'd prefer IE
easy contral
Monkeydog
klingoncowboy4 wrote:
myrevolt wrote:
There have been at least 2 threads on this very subject. Not to start a flame war...

I figured that there would be...

There is no need to flame...

Tell that to sire gonzo.
Razz
I use Firefox.
It's a little slow on my peice of junk comp, but meh.
klingoncowboy4
I am now on satelite internet but used to be on dial-up and the spped went as Lynx, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera
Monkeydog
Its not the matter of my internet speed(mine is weird, but it's almost as good as cable)...is the matter of the comp.
It's pretty old(hell it lags on Starcraft)so no matter how fast my internet is...my computer can only go at a certain speed...
lavender
i'm using IE6 only. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Lonewolf
Firefox all the way.
klingoncowboy4
Monkeydog wrote:
Its not the matter of my internet speed(mine is weird, but it's almost as good as cable)...is the matter of the comp.
It's pretty old(hell it lags on Starcraft)so no matter how fast my internet is...my computer can only go at a certain speed...

Ah ok IC. I have found that FF runs well on most computers I have tried it on (including some older comps with Memory Problems). I have only Run Opera on a couple of comps but love it.
n0obie4life
You know. There's a topic in the forum above marketplace called the "Computer / Hardware discussion", something like that. And we have a post called the same thing Razz

So, kindly post there instead of creating this topic.

-close-