FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to fall asleep fast?

likeabreeze
I am extremely sensitive to the sound, so I can't fall asleep when there is even a little noise.
That's a big problem since I don't have enough sleep.
But, one of my roommates fall asleep pretty fast, and has a really deep sleep. He can fall asleep no matter how loud the surrounding noise is.
Unfortunately, he would snore very loudly while asleep, which makes it even more difficult for me to sleep.
I envy his good sleep very much..
But when I asked him how to fall asleep fast, he said, make yourself feel as comfortable as possible while sleeping.
I tried but never succeed.
cybersa
likeabreeze wrote:
I am extremely sensitive to the sound, so I can't fall asleep when there is even a little noise.
That's a big problem since I don't have enough sleep.
But, one of my roommates fall asleep pretty fast, and has a really deep sleep. He can fall asleep no matter how loud the surrounding noise is.
Unfortunately, he would snore very loudly while asleep, which makes it even more difficult for me to sleep.
I envy his good sleep very much..
But when I asked him how to fall asleep fast, he said, make yourself feel as comfortable as possible while sleeping.
I tried but never succeed.

I will do these things:
1.Don't think about problems like Money etc...
2.Don't care about surroundings like noise,light etc...
3.Think what you like.
rx9876
Suggestions as below :

1. Move to a quiet place.
for example : not sharing a roorm, thin walls, good windows, higher level...

2. Use good earplugs. The ear might be a little uncomfortable, but better quality sleeping is more important

3. Suggest your room mate to find a doctor for snoring problem.
Snoring people do not sleep well, their sleeping quality is too low which cause they are sleepy most of the time
That might be the reason your roommate fall asleep fast.
For particular information, you could google for snoring treatment
AlignWithLove
I think the best option would be to find a possibility to sleep in a room without any noises or disturbances, although that is not the most practical solution, I guess Smile

I can usually fall asleep very fast, within minutes, sometimes within seconds after lying down, even if there is a lot of noise. I think that this is a result of some habits I've developed, so maybe you can use some of them as well:

- Make sure you go to bed when you are tired. The most common reason for not being able to fall asleep is because you are not really tired. To check if you are sleepy already take a book (something not very exciting, like a thriller or a detective story, it's better to read something boring before going to sleep) and read a few pages. If you are beginning to doze after reading one or two pages, then it's time to go to bed.

- Don't do anything exciting before bed, don't watch TV and don't sit in front of a computer, at least for 30 minutes. It's better to allocate the last 30-60 minutes before sleep time to taking a bath or reading a book.

- Eat lightly before bed. I find that it's very difficult for me to fall asleep if I've eaten something heavy just before bed, and when I finally fall asleep I wake up several times throughout the night.

- Try to go to bed at the same time every night. This really helps, because your body adjusts to your sleep patterns, and you feel more tired when it's time to go to bed.

- And the last one, which is often overlooked - do not oversleep Smile If you find it hard to fall asleep at night, then your body probably needs less sleep than it is getting right now. Try to get up a few hours earlier than usual, even if it's difficult and you'll see that it will be a lot easier for you to fall asleep at night.
codersfriend
probably you're just stressed.. you should avoid habits like playing games or reading book at night
Gregoric
It's been already mentioned above but being tired is ultimate cure when you can't fall asleep.

If your work or studies or whatever you're doing now don't tire you, try doing some sports or anything that would tire your body. Mind isn't so important.

Try running in the morning, biking or whatever you like to. For me, it is making push-ups in the morning or/and in the evening. But remember, you'll need more calories so just eat more. Not 2x as much as now but at least so much to not be hungry at night.
likeabreeze
codersfriend wrote:
probably you're just stressed.. you should avoid habits like playing games or reading book at night

No, I am not stressed at all...
AlignWithLove wrote:
best option would be to find a possibility to sleep in a room without any noises or disturbances

Yes, I would fall asleep quickly in this situation.
But I really wanna have the ability to fall asleep quickly even when there is noise around me...
I know it has something to do with genes, and that's pretty hard to learn...
cybersa wrote:
Don't care about surroundings like noise,light etc...

that's very hard...I think there are only a few of people can do it...
rx9876 wrote:
That might be the reason your roommate fall asleep fast.

really? I think it is his Anti jamming ability that makes him fall asleep fast..
Josso
I usually make up some kind of scenario/story or think about some crazy cold case or something. I personally can never try to sleep when I'm definitely not tired. I hate that whole turning thing over thing I will happily stay up 2 days to avoid that.

Have you got the time to go on some long run or something you will be tired enough at the end of the day to sleep.
subhan1
1. Think about your favorite food.
2. Think about what you 'should' have done today.
3. Think about that little work you just had completed but now have to sleep.
4. Congrats now you can never have a good sleep until you have eaten something while doing something special after completing that little work 3Very Happy
Vanilla
rx9876 wrote:
2. Use good earplugs. The ear might be a little uncomfortable, but better quality sleeping is more important

Ah, I think you shouldn't overlook this tip. Since I'm sleeping during the day, earplugs are my best buddies. It's like entering a world made of silence. Very Happy
asnani04
Sleeping well and quickly is a very positive and helpful attribute, which can energise oneself and can also help build concentration and save time. You can try listening to some light songs before bed. Also, making the room a little cooler than usual helps. Smile
johannespilz
try meditation! its important that u stop worrying about your problems.
concentrate on your breathing (thats why counting sheep helps, u focus on something else which is in a rythm).

and i really like to use natural products like calendula pastilles. they help your brain to stop worrying. u easily fall a sleeep. maybe its just a placebo affect but it really helps.

also try not to be to busy shortly before going to bed. stop working some time before to let your body rest already. dont watch tv before, dont be on the computer. relax or read a book instead.
Possum
Have an easy going subject that you think about when go to bed. Don't change the subject. Have the same one each night you go to sleep.
darthrevan
It takes me a while to fall asleep but for noise I use a box fan and put paper on the back to make it rattle and knock out other sounds.
Peterssidan
Maybe you could try sleeping with some soft music playing. A friend of mine do this to not hear his tinnitus so maybe you can do it to not hear your friend snore.
zaxacongrejo
If you are tired you will sleep fast
Vanilla
Peterssidan wrote:
Maybe you could try sleeping with some soft music playing. A friend of mine do this to not hear his tinnitus so maybe you can do it to not hear your friend snore.

I use to have tinnitus (my previous job made some pretty bad damage to my ears), that's why I was wearing earplugs. It not only solved my tinnitus problem temporally but cured it forever too. Smile