FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Updating the Constitution.

weblinuxtime
This may sound "un-american", but I believe that the Constitution needs some serious updating. They need to deal with racism and the Constitution is the perfect place to do that. When it was written there was a lot less people against racism. Please post your thought on my idea into this topic.
catscratches
The Constitution was intended to be updated quite regularly when it was written, so there's nothing "un-American" about that. I can't see how you would intend to deal with racism in it, though.
Afaceinthematrix
You could have gone to the simple effort to look right below you and find that I made this exact same topic three days prior.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-142782.html
ocalhoun
weblinuxtime wrote:
This may sound "un-american", but I believe that the Constitution needs some serious updating. They need to deal with racism and the Constitution is the perfect place to do that.

We already have some fine laws against racist discrimination... what more do you want them to do, make a constitutional amendment making it illegal to have racist thoughts?
jmraker
Yes, it will be the role of government to make sure nobody in the minority is offended by free speech. Anyone who dares speak their personal opinion of a person in a minority race or looks at them wierd should risk being immediately arrested. The same will not be true the other way around, the majority race could be shamelessly insulted under the new Constitution that sounds un-american. Shocked
darthrevan
Ot doesn't matter if racism was added to thwarting constitution, there will be racist people. Changing a document isn't going to change or control people's mind. There are laws to help combat racist issues but controlling people's mind isn't going to happen.