FRIHOST ē FORUMS ē SEARCH ē FAQ ē TOS ē BLOGS ē COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why do you smoke?

likeabreeze
I have only smoked once.
The cigarette tastes terrible, and I have never tried it ever since.
I really don't understand why so many people love it.
People spend so much money on it.
But the tobacco do nothing good to us.
The problem is, even though people know this, they never kick this bad habit.
Vanilla
I don't think it has to do with love. Personally I smoke because I'm very anxious and a cigarette calms me. Just like that. One moment I'm freaking out and the next moment I'm in peace. I don't know other people's reasons for smoking but mine is just a quick way to calm down.
likeabreeze
Vanilla wrote:
I don't think it has to do with love. Personally I smoke because I'm very anxious and a cigarette calms me. Just like that. One moment I'm freaking out and the next moment I'm in peace. I don't know other people's reasons for smoking but mine is just a quick way to calm down.

smoke to calm down?
well, there are so many people who smoke five or more cigarettes a day, are they smoking to calm down?
apparently, it is addiction.
Vanilla
likeabreeze wrote:
Vanilla wrote:

smoke to calm down?
well, there are so many people who smoke five or more cigarettes a day, are they smoking to calm down?

That's why I've used the word personally in my last post. I think you're smart enough to understand that I'm talking about myself and not about everybody. Smile
mgeek
I smoke by force of habit.
likeabreeze
Vanilla wrote:
likeabreeze wrote:
Vanilla wrote:

smoke to calm down?

That's why I've used the word personally in my last post. I think you're smart enough to understand that I'm talking about myself and not about everybody. Smile

Well, how often do you smoke? Question
Vanilla
likeabreeze wrote:
Well, how often do you smoke? Question

Do you want to know just how addicted I am, don't you? Well, I smoke once or twice a month. Sometimes I go on several months without smoking. As I've said before, I just smoke to calm down and I need to be very irritated to resort to cigarettes.
tonberry
I know what you're talking about. My smoking varies: sometimes I smoke one pack a day for 7 days, sometimes I don't smoke for a year Very Happy Periods when I smoke more are periods when I am stressed more.

Cigarettes don't make me feel better (they make me feel terrible actually), but the down feeling that they provide calms aggression and irritation. If I smoke for longer period they will make me more irritated and paranoid actually, but that first cigarette after stressful situation always calms things down.

Smoking is a terrible habit (and probably the best population control tool in the world hehe) and it's hard to imagine anyone smoking just for fun. Advanced smoker is like a fool. Every cigarettes promises to make you feel a bit better, a bit more special. But when you start smoking it, all the magic is gone and you're left with the same feeling. You've been fooled once again.

Howerver, having one thing that you do on a regular basis (your personal little ritual) is good for mind. I don't smoke much lately, but there are periods when I do. I'm not satisfied at all with cigarettes, but I just can't find any substitute for them. Neither alcohol nor drugs scratch that itch, so I'm left with smoking occasionaly Wink
Vanilla
tonberry wrote:
Smoking is a terrible habit (and probably the best population control tool in the world hehe) and it's hard to imagine anyone smoking just for fun. Advanced smoker is like a fool. Every cigarettes promises to make you feel a bit better, a bit more special. But when you start smoking it, all the magic is gone and you're left with the same feeling. You've been fooled once again.

You see, that's the thing about cigarettes: even people like you and me that don't smoke all the time, we already know that we're hurting ourselves and we already know everything because people tend to lecture us every. single. time. We know that it's a bad habit and we know that it's harming us. It's tiresome, really. Still people insist in doing the same thing over and over again just waiting for a different result. Sometimes I just need to chill and that's the way I chose to do it. Thanks for your testimonial, tonberry. Very Happy
AlignWithLove
likeabreeze wrote:
I have only smoked once.

People get used to the taste, and if something gives them pleasure or relief, they will associate the taste with those feelings and will actually start enjoying it.

I don't smoke, but I drink a lot of strong coffee. I remember when I first tried it it was horrible, but I've come to like the taste eventually and now it's very hard for me to go about my day without having at least one or two cups of coffee. I know that it's not good for me, but I just don't have the self-discipline to break the habit Sad
loveandormoney
Vanilla wrote:

Is smoking a kind of medication for relax?
darthrevan
I no longer smoke, though I did enjoy smoking and it does make you feel calm, even though it isn't scientifically suppose to.
loveandormoney
Do You feel better or worse without smoking?
TheLimey
I do not smoke myself however there is other reason than the taste. I drink whiskey... why? it doesn't taste good. well my reason is because I like to drink and it makes me feel fuzzy lol.
loveandormoney
Is drinking and smoking the same?
Both does not taste well.
deanhills
TheLimey wrote:
I do not smoke myself however there is other reason than the taste. I drink whiskey... why? it doesn't taste good. well my reason is because I like to drink and it makes me feel fuzzy lol.
I like whiskey as it sort of goes well with company in a social setting. I guess it is an acquired taste, but is great with soda and lots of ice. I'd say also after two tots or more, the taste doesn't matter any longer. I've heard of people who have guests, pouring the first tots from the really good whiskey, and then rounds after from cheap whiskey. Twisted Evil
rjraaz
Unfortunately, I don't smoke but I would, If DeanHills will give me company for it. Very Happy
deanhills
rjraaz wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't smoke but I would, If DeanHills will give me company for it. Very Happy
I'm a non-smoker too. But once in a blue moon a cigar is seems to make its appearance out of nowhere. Will invite you when that happens again. Laughing
johans
likeabreeze wrote:
I have only smoked once.

I dont smoke. I hate smoking smells specially in the early morning and specially if i talk with a person who smoke when we have conversation or a meeting i cover my nose for a meeting with the bad breath when they speak.. Whats funny is after the meeting i forgot our discussion since i cannot concentrate on the meeting. My brains focus on the bad breath.. LOL
williamholt
I don't smoke... i hate smoking.........
royale1223
likeabreeze wrote:
I have only smoked once.

I always think about quitting smoking. But to think, I need a cigarette.
darthrevan
Sometimes I get a craving for one but I don't give in since I know I would end ip smoking again.
Helios
Personally I don't smoke, but my friend has recently bought this electronics cigarette... it produces a smoke-like haze and he says it helps him a lot. Have any of you guys tried it?
deanhills
Helios wrote:
Personally I don't smoke, but my friend has recently bought this electronics cigarette... it produces a smoke-like haze and he says it helps him a lot. Have any of you guys tried it?
I haven't personally, but a friend of mine who is under doctor's orders to stop smoking has tried it, and although not the same thing of course, is happy with it. He had to stop drinking as well though. From whiskey to a glass of red wine. Double whammy! Twisted Evil
andro_king
likeabreeze wrote:
I have only smoked once.

I don't smoke. Wink
Jasson
Smoking is a dangerous habit that many people have. I don't know why people smoke. They all know that smoking causes cancer but still they do smoke. I suggest every smoker to avoid it.
zaxacongrejo
I smoke because I like and because I can afford it so simple as this
Smoke doesnít cause traffic accidents
Cigarettes or joints canít carry guns, or shoot you
In in nowadays no one can say oh I didnít know smoke can kill me
More yet smoke canít kill you, but you brain can
mgeek
zaxacongrejo wrote:
I smoke because I like and because I can afford it so simple as this
Smoke doesnít cause traffic accidents
Cigarettes or joints canít carry guns, or shoot you
In in nowadays no one can say oh I didnít know smoke can kill me
More yet smoke canít kill you, but you brain can

Ha ha! But smokers are becoming an endangered species. The hate campaign against smoking has been successful so far.
cheater01
Many children and teens use cigarettes, cigars, and smokeless tobacco because their friends do. Movies and TV shows can make smoking seem attractive. Teens, especially girls, often use smoking to try to control their weight.

Teens may think that smoking is a way to look more mature, independent, and self-confident to their peers. They may smoke to rebel against their parents. But most teens do not know how addictive cigarettes are. If your child smokes, it might help to talk with him or her about some of the reasons to stop smoking. If you smoke or have quit, talk with your teen about how hard it can be to quit after you've started smoking.

Children and teens are more likely to smoke if their parents smoke. And they are more likely to quit if their parents quit.
zaxacongrejo
im a litle more for freedom you see
loveandormoney
deanhills wrote:
TheLimey wrote:
I like whiskey as it sort of goes well with company in a social setting. I guess it is an acquired taste, but is great with soda and lots of ice. I'd say also after two tots or more, the taste doesn't matter any longer. I've heard of people who have guests, pouring the first tots from the really good whiskey, and then rounds after from cheap whiskey. Twisted Evil

Does using drugs improve the social setting?
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
Ha ha! But smokers are becoming an endangered species. The hate campaign against smoking has been successful so far.

really dont care with that e ven smoke moroco tobaco loll
loveandormoney
So does smoking make relax?
Sharpeye
Anyone will hate it once they try it, but if you continue youíll know the reason of why we smoke.
tyma1000