FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Panama

gfexc
Panama City
truespeed
Panama hat

Afaceinthematrix
^^LoL, truespeed. Usually I just ignore and then report useless and contentless posts like this but for once, I won't report it because I hope that it doesn't get deleted. Your response was hilarious - which made me like this post. Oh look at me, I'll post a picture of Panama City! Well so what? Here's a Panama hat!
gfexc
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
^^LoL, truespeed. Usually I just ignore and then report useless and contentless posts like this but for once, I won't report it because I hope that it doesn't get deleted. Your response was hilarious - which made me like this post. Oh look at me, I'll post a picture of Panama City! Well so what? Here's a Panama hat!

Looks like you are just a person full of ill will and looking for conflicts. I guess your post is a real contribution to this site? Childish.
Afaceinthematrix
Quote:
Looks like you are just a person full of ill will and looking for conflicts. I guess your post is a real contribution to this site? Childish.

I don't seek conflict or ill will. In fact, I wasn't even talking to you. I was laughing at truespeed's joke. It's pretty common knowledge that almost every forum on the planet that seems to have topics where conversation happens tend to frown upon two word posts. This is something that where the only response is, "Yeah... So what? What about Panama City?" If you're interested in getting hosted then you're suppose to have quality posts. Here's a guideline on how to write a quality post:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-10114.html

I am hardly being childish; most moderators would just lock this and move on because it is meaningless. I am not being condescending or demeaning. I am just telling that you if you're interested in getting hosted, you cannot post two word posts. You could have said something like, "As you can see, Panama City is beautiful. If you're ever able to make it, some of the best attractions are A, B, and C. I live in Panama City (or I have visited it) and I think that the best thing to do is D, E, or F. Has anyone else ever been?"
deanhills
I also found Truespeed's comment a joke along very hilarious lines, and I was agreeing fully with what Matrix had to say when he had found it hilarious as well.

I don't want this thread to be locked however. I'd love to hear about any one who has visited Panama as I'm very interested to hear what it is like.

Why I am curious is that I'm traveling in Ecuador at the moment. Its largest expat population by far are from the United States. I've been reading some of the US expats' in Ecuador's blogs, and there seems to be a tie in with Panama. Some of the expats in Ecuador have lived in Panama, or have left Panama and returned to Panama from here.

I'm planning to visit a "Panama Hat" factory in Ecuador as it is a thriving business here in Ecuador as well. I've seen many of the traditional women here in Cuenca today wearing those Panama hats, selling their wares.

I'll try and photograph one later today and post it in this thread.
deanhills
Re the Panama Hat. Quite hilarious as learned yesterday that the Panama Hat is originally from Ecuador. Moreover, it's from Cuenca, the city in Ecuador that I'm in right now. I'm now hoping to do a little tour at a local Panama Hat factory. As they are affordable there.

I still have to get to taking photos of the hat but a large number of women folk here with semi-traditional dress wear these hats, more so than the men, or maybe I have been wonky in my powers of observation. Will check again when I'm out and about on a tour today.

When I asked a local tour guide yesterday how true that was, he said that it was well documented in the local museum. So probably should have a look there as well. Just checked Wikipedia and it does mention Ecuador as the origin of the hat, but lacked the story about when the Panama Canal was built. Apparently there were a great number of workers from Ecuador who introduced the hat in Panama at the time. From the Wikipedia article looks as though President Theodore Roosevelt had popularized it too with wearing it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_hat