FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Food that treats dryness in autumn

likeabreeze
Fall is coming, and dryness is becoming very common, for me, my lips are very dry these days, and now, I gonna share with u some food which can treat this problem.
1.Bean products
tofu, tempeh, soy milk.
2.Fruits
pears, apples, persimmons, loquat, almonds
2.Other
spinach; barley; millet; seaweed; mushrooms; pine nuts; peanuts; sesame seeds; milk; clam; eggs; crab or pork
wellerchap
I'd imagine oily fish (mackerel, sardines etc) would be good, too - they contain omega 3 oils that are good at promoting a healthy system.
AlignWithLove
I your skin gets dry make sure that the air in your house or in the place where you spend the most time during the day is humid enough.

I used to have this problem every winter, my skin and lips were extremely dry and I had to apply all kinds of creams twice a day. Three years ago I started renting an apartment in an old house, and I guess the air is really dry here, because my skin is now dry all year round.

So, what I'm trying to say is that the air is very important. I know that plants help a lot, and there are all kinds of special equipment that moistens the air.
lovescience
Vegetables such as broccoli and pumpkin.

And drinking water.
BigGeek
My wife and I suffer from extremely dry skin in the winter in Colorado. We have tried different foods in the diet that are supposed to help, also use creams to moisturize our skin, installed a humidifier at the house. These things helped but the biggest thing that got the dry skin to clear up and not be such an annoyance was taking 4 grams of fish oil a day.

WOW it made a huge difference for both of us, so much so that we both commented on it!

Cool
deanhills
BigGeek wrote:
but the biggest thing that got the dry skin to clear up and not be such an annoyance was taking 4 grams of fish oil a day.
Cool
OK, I'm going to try that. Have read that fish oil is good, bought some, but haven't used it. Will make a point of using it with dinner at night from now on. What brand are you using?
Simonjw
Albern123 wrote:
Natural vitamins are very important for maintaining sight healthy and balanced, and is also necessary for maintaining bone fragments, tooth, skin & hair powerful and well managed All help the body crack down body fat, necessary protein and carbohydrates, thus offering you with power....

He is quite right. If you want to have a healthy body, you need to reach your daily macros and keep them where they need to be.

Fish oil is good because it is part of your daily intake of macros. Take in your vitamins and minerals as well as carbohydrates, proteins, sugars, fats and the rest of your daily macros and you won't have dry skin problems or any other problems with regards to being healthy. It is definitely hard to eat healthy with all the processed food that is sold in the grocery stores these days, but you can do it.

Something very important and is the most vital thing is missing from your list of comments here and that is water. Water is so good for you and you should be drinking at least 10 glasses a day and this alone will keep your skin and lips from going dry. You need to keep hydrated from winter to summer and everywhere in between because your body using the liquids and if you aren't taking enough in, your vital organs will use what they need and then there won't be much left or any left for the smaller organs that keep your skin good and everything else that isn't that vital.

Never get to the point where you are thirsty, always keep yourself hydrated. I carry a water bottle with me wherever I go, even when I am working. If my water bottle is empty, I find the closest place to fill it up. If you are at school or working in an office, every time you see a water fountain or dispenser, take a cup of water or fill your own bottle. You won't regret it, not now or even later on in life Smile.