FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How can I view two pictures at the same time?

likeabreeze
I'm using WinXP.
The Windows Fax and Picture Viewer cant do this.
I wonder if there is another software can help.
appsapps
Have you tried IrfanView?

http://www.irfanview.com/

And if that isn't to your liking, just about any photo editor can open 2+ files.
manfer
That is a really classic app. I didn't know it was still under development.

Another fantastic classic photo administration tool is acdsee. And though they moved to paid it seems they still provide a free version that I suppose allows to see more than one image at the same time side by side.
http://www.acdsee.com/en/products/acdsee-free

For those that have any adobe suite it comes with Adobe bridge that can be used perfectly to see several images at a time.

Really with windows explorer it can be done perfectly too though probably it is less friendly. Just open each image in its own window, scale windows to a size that let you see both at same time and move them side by side.
skaprit
I agree with both above posts!

Irfanview is very powerful and yet simple to use. It can also handle most forms of .RAW images, what dSLR cameras output!

ACDC is an old school classic piece of software, right up there in the classic charts with winzip and winamp!!

I use Picasa viewer because it works seamlessly with simple edits in Picasa itself!
Mr_Howl
I highly recommend IrfanView. And its Batch feature is extremely useful. You can, for example, take an entire folder of pictures, compress them, convert them to .PNG, resize them, and rename them all automatically.
firstroad
you can always skip downloading more software and just open them in your browser... in different tabs or just in different windows... i also think that windows 7 have the ability to show you more than one picture iin the same time