FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gmail Problems

Jack_Hammer
I am having major problems will Gmail, I am using Gmail notifier (Firefox Extension - But has worked before)...

, I have gotten my e-mail before but all it comes up with now is...

I have now realised it seems to be a problem with my browser, I can open it in 'My Computer' (IE) and on my other computer in both Mozilla Firefox and IE, I don't know whats wrong because it used to work and I don't know why it would suddenly stop working (It's obvious that I can still log in because it tells me whether I have got mail so Gmail Notifier can log in.)
mwm
GMAIL quite often will alter its security mechanism and it sometimes takes a while for these plugins to catch up. I would watch for new releases of notifier in the coming days.

I have seen this with GMAIL_FS. Every time GOOGLE alters security mechanisms my GMAIL_FS will stop working. They seem to do this quote often which I guess is a good thing in the day of security vulnerabilities and ever hungry hackers.

Hope this helps

-mwm
mazurek
sorry my english is poor but.. you must download program CCleaner and instaling this program... and cleaner cookie , rencent and so ... this operations building white page :]
yoryenathan
hey i once got his problem too! now i can get back Smile
hehe

THX MAN!!!
Very Happy

Yorye Nathan
Thats ME
SoftStag
I have noticed Gmail to be a little slow recently. It is taking over 10 minutes sometimes for emails to come through. I guess this is the price we pay for using a beta service Rolling Eyes
Jack_Hammer
Clearing my cookies didn't help, it just asked me to log in then it went back to 'Loading'
TheGeek
there have been several updates to that extension, i use it myself and have had similar issues. All you need to do is update the extension. I have to update mine usually once a week these days to keep current. (sometimes 2 or 3 times)

As for the gmail servers being slow. Its due in part to it getting so big. Its simply that google has gotten so big and that they have now merged both the google and gmail servers together that have slowed things down. They have also created many security problems as well. The main one being that if you dont log out of your account when you leave and just close your browser, your still logged into google untill you log out or untill the next day...biiigggg security flaw. Make sure that you always log out when ever your finished on your email.
n0obie4life
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Clearing my cookies didn't help, it just asked me to log in then it went back to 'Loading'

The stuck on loading is because of your firewall Wink.
Jack_Hammer
I don't have a firewall ATM actually, because of windows x64 no anti-virus programs work in 64bit Embarassed , but I have worked it out, I had to uninstall Deer Park Alpha 2 and the part that didni't work is to delete the /Temp/ files, and also delete the /Local/Application Settings/Mozilla/ which I didn't do the first couple of re-installs, but now it's workig better than ever faster and quicker at loading web pages and it's finally loading PHPBB (Which it slowly stopped loading and have no idea why it did that, but now I'm just ahppy that I fixed it)
Laughing
Jack_Hammer
Actuall what it was is, Adblock was stopping it from loading because I was getting rid of a couple of adds which managed to slip through Adblock, that could of saved me a hell of a lot of trouble if I knew that from the beggining. Though I don't know how I will get rid of these adds now though?
Jack_Hammer
Actuall what it was is, Adblock was stopping it from loading because I was getting rid of a couple of adds which managed to slip through Adblock, that could of saved me a hell of a lot of trouble if I knew that from the beggining. Though I don't know how I will get rid of these adds now though?
Jack_Hammer
Guess I'm going to have to be very specific about what I block and make sure that ist's not Gmail. lol
Laughing
bananaphone
mwm wrote:
GMAIL quite often will alter its security mechanism and it sometimes takes a while for these plugins to catch up. I would watch for new releases of notifier in the coming days.

I have seen this with GMAIL_FS. Every time GOOGLE alters security mechanisms my GMAIL_FS will stop working. They seem to do this quote often which I guess is a good thing in the day of security vulnerabilities and ever hungry hackers.

Hope this helps

-mwm

this is most likely your problem
Sunny
Quote:
Actuall what it was is, Adblock was stopping it from loading because I was getting rid of a couple of adds which managed to slip through Adblock

Its against the TOS to use an ad blocking software.and I think thats fair enough. AdsRevenue is the sole mean to make enough money to run this Hosting. I don't expect Bondings or anyone else to do it from his pocket for long time without the ad revenue.
kokziwen
I am using Gmail and it fuction normally and I feel it is the best email account i had ever used! Surprised
mustaq
try to disabale your nortan or any antivirus even i face smae isssue some time i wont be able to access the link which i get in email , have upgare your firfox?