FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Just hate Guinness World Records!

likeabreeze
Nowadays, Guinness World Records is getting more and more stupid,
eg,
Farthest Squirting of Milk from the Eye
Most Eggs Crushed with Head in One Minute
Most People Brushing Their Teeth Simultaneously
Most Snails on Face
and so on...
It seems that Guinness is addicted to do these kind of things.
But these records are just pointless and boring.
And, now, I feel really sick when I hear the word "guinness", which I link to words like "weird" "boring".
Just hate it! Mad
Cosmoslayer
I have to agree with you on that. Anyone can make a record by doing stupid things, really.
Josso
I had the 98 book I'm pretty sure. It had some facts in it like longest jail sentence was something like 200,000 years or something crazy.

There really should be a limit put in place somehow. I mean I could probably break a world record right now if I used my imagination.

On this note I recommend watching the Nitro Circus special where they break like X amount of records in a 1 hour show or whatever (sorry can't remember what it's called). That's fairly cool as most of them are actually stunt based and if I remember correctly they have some guy from Guinness with them.
likeabreeze
Cosmoslayer wrote:
I have to agree with you on that. Anyone can make a record by doing stupid things, really.

Probably there is only one reason why we watch Guinness World Records- it teaches us that everyone has something unique, and everyone has their own strong points!
catscratches
Well, that and that people are crazy. Mainly that they're crazy.
the-guide
Sometimes, the ... world records are amazing.
But sometimes they're just plain stupid and crazy and even sometimes disgusting.
playfungames
Yeah, I agree that some of them are stupid ones. There is not point in having a name in the guiness book with some of those stupid tricks that you can do faster than everyone else in the world. But some of them are really sweet.
Magicman
Some of them are pretty cool but others are fairly stupid. Although it somewhat fits with the origins of the book as a bunch of bar bets.
RosenCruz
Just imagination of people. They keep recording that useless stuff Laughing
likeabreeze
RosenCruz wrote:
Just imagination of people. They keep recording that useless stuff Laughing

A little bit of useless stuff is just acceptable, that's entertainment.
But too much of it is just disgusting.
zimmer
likeabreeze wrote:
Nowadays, Guinness World Records is getting more and more stupid,
eg,
Farthest Squirting of Milk from the Eye
Most Eggs Crushed with Head in One Minute
Most People Brushing Their Teeth Simultaneously
Most Snails on Face
and so on...
It seems that Guinness is addicted to do these kind of things.
But these records are just pointless and boring.
And, now, I feel really sick when I hear the word "guinness", which I link to words like "weird" "boring".
Just hate it! Mad

yes i have notice that also.. looks like they are getting too much commercials and no standard policies when it comes to subject matters of world records..
GuidanceReader
I agree too. I tend to roll my eyes more at the records being broken, rather than being impressed like I used to be.
Peterssidan
I have always found records like tallest/shortest/fattest/oldest/biggest/etc. man/animal/building/tree/etc. is the most interesting records. I think all the stupid records is there because they want new records but there is not many non-stupid ones left + newly invented records is easier to beat.
standready
the-guide wrote:
Sometimes, the ... world records are amazing.
But sometimes they're just plain stupid and crazy and even sometimes disgusting.

I agree with you completely but if Guinness did not keep track, someone else would. I wish Guinness would break it down into sections - truly amazing then stupid.
wombatrpgs
Haha, it's slowly turning into Ripley's Believe it or Not.
spinout
hm, the probelm is the contant of new years... yu never catch up, always new editions...
IceCreamTruck
spinout wrote:
hm, the probelm is the contant of new years... yu never catch up, always new editions...

They really just need to sell more books. How do you know what the current records are unless you but the latest book? It really is just another bar scam, but it is one of the longest running.

At least you guys aren't jumping up to go break records. The real reason for all the silly records is to give the little guy a way to get in the big book, and it would be boring if it was just tallest, shortest, fastest, etc. And there would be no way anyone normal could get in the book.

There should be a frihost records thread. Longest thread, most replies, oldest member, etc. Might even be more popular than the I hate guiness thread here! Who knows? Smile
fretview
It's more the freaky stuff people can do or are WILLING to do than actual talent.
grofet
they should record something that usefull not something for laugh. what i dont like from guiness is the alcohol drink can makes people drunks and do bad things to the people itself and other people around them.
wombatrpgs
grofet wrote:
they should record something that usefull not something for laugh. what i dont like from guiness is the alcohol drink can makes people drunks and do bad things to the people itself and other people around them.

This sounds more like Jackass. ...though probably true.