FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Have you ever wanted to commit suicide?

likeabreeze
sometimes, u feel either bored or depressed about life, Sad
and cant help wondering what if u commit suicide?
but finally, u give up, and live on and on Wink
GuidanceReader
I have reached that stage many times and when I was 17 attempted suicide. I have had a rather roller coaster of a life, but am extremely thankful for those in my life that took the steps to ensure I was not successful with my suicide as I now realise that things can and do get better. I have been back to the point where the dark thoughts cloud my mind a number of times, but now I am more aware of them and send myself off to therapy to help me get through them. One day, I am guaranteed to see what it's like when I am dead, but for now, this is the only guarantee for me to see what it's like to be alive, so I would like to try and see it out.
mgeek
GuidanceReader wrote:
I have reached that stage many times and when I was 17 attempted suicide. I have had a rather roller coaster of a life, but am extremely thankful for those in my life that took the steps to ensure I was not successful with my suicide as I now realise that things can and do get better. I have been back to the point where the dark thoughts cloud my mind a number of times, but now I am more aware of them and send myself off to therapy to help me get through them. One day, I am guaranteed to see what it's like when I am dead, but for now, this is the only guarantee for me to see what it's like to be alive, so I would like to try and see it out.

Whatever negative thoughts you have to grapple with shouldn't be a reason for you to kill yourself. Suicide is a cop out.
likeabreeze
mgeek wrote:

Whatever negative thoughts you have to grapple with shouldn't be a reason for you to kill yourself. Suicide is a cop out.

So, you have never wanted to commit suicide? Question
_AVG_
I've contemplated suicide and yes the only reasons such feelings arise are due to depression or boredom. Luckily I managed to convince myself that killing myself is the wrong option and a cowardly act. Whatever the difficulties are, one must face them with a strong mind and seek happiness and peace in life. Only then will you die peacefully (and I'd rather go peacefully and of natural causes then an agitated suicide).
deanhills
mgeek wrote:
Suicide is a cop out.
Don't think I agree. It's an act of extreme desperation. Of helplessness. Inability to deal with acute emotional pain. People like that need lots of help of the professional trained and subtle kind, rather than just telling them not to do it.
sudipbanerjee
yes
ZeytinGrafik
Most people do think of it when they are somewhere between the ages ~18-22. I guess the end of these thoughts also mark the end of puberty.
linux1993
Even the situation is very very bad, I will not think about committing suicide. Because if you have the courage to die yourself, why not you have confidence to overcome it. Only living can you achieve your goal, or at least to experience relationship with people you know.
likeabreeze
linux1993 wrote:
Because if you have the courage to die yourself, why not you have confidence to overcome it.

They thought suicide is painless, and to overcome it is painful.
bukaida
Life is not a bed of roses and there is almost none who has not faced any turbulence in life. It happened many times in my life. Suicide is an easy option to flee from life. The modern society is putting tremendous pressure and expectation on everybody. The suicide rate is more in the advanced country like Japan. The main cause of suicide is depression. So whenever I get depressed, I take the inspiration from those who are in much more tougher condition and still fighting without running away from life. There is no permanent loser in life, it is only a losing phase or bad patch.

P.S- This year, a regional film was made on this topic named " Hemlock Society" in which there is a school where it is taught how to commit suicide successfully in the first attempt Smile
Afaceinthematrix
I don't ever have suicidal thoughts; I drink. I have also been a metalhead and I cannot think of any genre of music that is as much of a lifestyle as heavy metal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APY1X1YzmpE

Metal has been with me for years and as a teenager it really is a place to belong. You get into it because you love the music and you stay because you love the music. You become an insane metalhead because of the culture.
spinout
hm, I am always wishing others would commit suicide...
GuidanceReader
mgeek wrote:

Whilst that may be logical when you are not in a severe case of depression, try telling someone who is at that point. I am sincerely thankful that I did not kill myself, but at the time I thought it was the only way I was going to get away from that which was bad in my life. Nothing seemed to be getting better and it seemed it never would. I didn't have anything that I felt was worth living for.

Hindsight is 20/20 however, and I now have better coping mechanisms and when things do get negative (and they have gotten worse since the time I contemplated and attempted suicide), I am better equipped to cope and avoid the thoughts of temptation.

Those who are not at the point of contemplation (especially those who have never been there) really don't understand how those thoughts can take a hold of you. This is a cry for help, although that cry is often so muffled or hidden that nobody ever hears it.
Aredon
mgeek wrote:

You are displaying a huge case of fundamental attribution error here. You cannot make the situation that cut and dry. I'm sorry, but you simply can't. There are too many factors to consider when looking at these things. Your best bet is to look at what outside factors influence people to feel those feelings. Then do something to alleviate those pressures or eliminate them altogether. That's how you reach an empathetic society Very Happy.

On topic though. Yes, I've had those thoughts before. Depression is a strange beast. I'd definitely say I've moved past any thoughts of suicide, but depression still plagues me (and always will) from time to time. You learn to cope with it.
metalfreek
I have never thought to commit suicide but I really can't grasp the idea behind people's mentality to commit suicide. What possibly must have happen that they are drove to commit such an act.

I frankly cannot possibly find a reason that will lead to taking their own life unless you are a Hitler. Very Happy

This lack of understanding on my part might be because I haven't faced such situation in my life. I have my own ups and down in life and I deal with them my own ways.

I can still remember one incident when I think I was most depressed but what I did was went into my friends house, got drunk until I passed out and I felt much better in the morning (except the nasty hangover which took hours to calm down ). Shocked

I really don't see why people would commit suicide but than again I don't know what is going on in their head. Every person has their own way of dealing with depression and bad situation. If they are of suicidal type than I hope there is someone to take care of them.
siemens13
I have never tried to commit suicide but i was wanted.
ghyster
Seriously, this isn't a funny topic. But when my parents divorced and a year later my gf cheated on me and then my small business wasn't taking me anywhere. I almost gave up.
grofet
i never have attempt to do suicide things but its on my mind on the past. death is a painfull thing so i dont want to dead in abnormal way. i have no idea about people that commit suicide why they do such bad thing. they must be depressed.