FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

learning css?

danulf
I don't know if I should post this here or not, but I'm posting it anyway...

I was thinking about learning css, I just know the basics like changing link, different text-settings and so on. Where is a good place to learn it?
I found small tutorials, but it would be great with just one page that you can use all the way (from basics to the really advanced). Now I'm just searching google for specific tutorials, but that takes time.

Thankful for any help!
mathiaus
I lerned at http://w3schools.com . They tell you everything you need to know, giving examples and pages where you can actually try using it yourself.
http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Matt Very Happy
danulf
thanks a lot man! I'll check those sites out...
SystemWisdom
CSS is cool for page styles, but it is becoming more dominant in page layout these days too.. especially with strict xhtml..

I myself learned the basics from w3schools, but it wasn't until I studied the CSS Zen Garden site, that I really learned of the true potential for CSS.. It is amazing!!

One of the major advantages of xhtml/css is the compatibility with mobile/small-screen devices...
jasperlevink
When you know the besics. You should have the w3c.org recommendation next to you. There you can find all the properties of elements with the possible values.
Grtz.
Jasper
thugsta
You definetly need to have css in your website these days, wheter it is an internal or external css code. I learn't most of my CSS knowledge at W3schools although it dose'nt teach you everything there is to know
friscofrankie
The best place to learn css is, like so many other aspects of coding, at yur keyboard writing. I think the best site on the net for learning css is the W3C org site. This is the horses mouth, so to speak.
just take any page you may have now and start tweaking it with css. once you learn the syntax the rest is quite easy. You'll a get feeling for the attributes and properties quickly. Experiement with the pages use different style sheets with the same html code to give completely different layouts and feel. it's fun stuff, really.
shabda
But after you learnt basics sure check out www.csszengarden.com. Its amazing site showing the potential of css.[/url]
bladercity
same problem existent. Smile
bladercity
my no problem