FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music Collection Size

Asap170
So I just checked today and I have 1729 songs. All of these except for like 30 of them I bought. So basically I spent a lot of money on music.

What are your music collection sizes?
Josso
Swear I saw a thread on this already, can't find though.

Just over 100GB, 16k of tracks (with some sets! so it's long). Not including some stuff I just have on CD and vinyl. Oh and like 15GB of my own music but I think that's mostly just project files taking up that space.

I have about 7k of films + tv which works out at 1.2TB
Asap170
Josso wrote:
Swear I saw a thread on this already, can't find though.

Just over 100GB, 16k of tracks (with some sets! so it's long). Not including some stuff I just have on CD and vinyl. Oh and like 15GB of my own music but I think that's mostly just project files taking up that space.

I have about 7k of films + tv which works out at 1.2TB

I am sort of thinking that I probably made a forum topic of this before but it's been awhile and I am lazy so yea...

100Gb of music...All legally download? Like mine only works out to 12.4GB yikes.
Afaceinthematrix
Right now I have 40 albums on my computer - all of which I own. If an album averages about $13 then that is $520 on albums (and these are only my metal albums; in elementary school and junior high I went through an alternative rock stage and then a punk rock stage; I didn't get into metal until high school). However, I have spent quite a bit more on music. I have seen well over 100 bands live (and many multiple times; I will see my favorite bands over and over again (even seeing them 2 or 3 times on the same tour)) plus I have t-shirts, flags, and other merchandise. And if I want to take it even farther with supporting bands, I would have to take into consideration the booze. I have arrangements with more than one band that at their concerts they let me backstage to party with them afterwords if I bring a little booze. I have no clue what my entire "musical collection" has cost me if I take all of those into consideration yet my CDs are probably worth around $500.
_AVG_
I don't recall the exact size in GB or the number of songs in my iTunes library but I roughly recall that if played continuously they would last for about two and a half days. Smile
Blummer
About 143 GB

More on ext hdd. Partially ripped from own CD's to listen outside home.
standready
On my computer, maybe 3GB but I have over 3000 albums (good old vinyl) and over 1000 CDs not to mention 45s, cassettes, 8 tracks and reels. So a small collection.
Tuvitor
I have a big drawer full of CD's I never use anymore, and around 200GB of music, much of which was ripped from said collection.
Radar
Large enough that I can occasionally find good songs I wasn't aware of.
ato784
I have roughly 2000 songs, i had closer to 5,000, but I never listen to those songs so I downsized. I got them all from my CD collection, so all are legally owned. Music was not really a big part of my life until two years ago, but it has always been a big part of my family, so most of the 3,000 songs are from them, its kinda funny how different our tastes in music are though.
tingkagol
I have an estimate of 500GB worth digital music, a drawer filled with cassette tapes, and a couple of CDs. I'm too young to own a vinyl collection. Smile
Josso
ato784 wrote:
Music was not really a big part of my life until two years ago, but it has always been a big part of my family, so most of the 3,000 songs are from them, its kinda funny how different our tastes in music are though.

I've never understood people doing this, people have family libraries or whatever on itunes then they end up with an ipod or whatever full of 75% stuff you don't personally want to listen to. Got no problem with variety my own library is pretty diverse but yeah pet peeve of mine I think, having to trawl through a load of irrelevant stuff taking up space.
darthrevan
Asap170 wrote:
So I just checked today and I have 1729 songs. All of these except for like 30 of them I bought. So basically I spent a lot of money on music.

What are your music collection sizes?

You pirate'r, I don't have many on a PC. Currently I don't think I have any. I have a few I own on Amazon's Cloud that I bought there. I mostly own CDs, since I listen to them in my car. Though my stereo player has a USB slot, so if I had enough space, I would put them all on a USB drive.