FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


A little problem with emoticons





likeabreeze
Every time I click an emoticon and insert it into the text, the emoticon ends up being at the end of the text.
the emoticons should have been where the cursor is.
sonam
likeabreeze wrote:
Every time I click an emoticon and insert it into the text, the emoticon ends up being at the end of the text.
the emoticons should have been where the cursor is.


This is old problem on this forum but I think owner haven't time to solve it. Just drag and drop emoticon where you want to insert. Wink

Sonam
likeabreeze
sonam wrote:
likeabreeze wrote:
Every time I click an emoticon and insert it into the text, the emoticon ends up being at the end of the text.
the emoticons should have been where the cursor is.


This is old problem on this forum but I think owner haven't time to solve it. Just drag and drop emoticon where you want to insert. Wink

Sonam


Drag and drop?
Well, I get this:
javascript:emoticon('Laughing')

P.S. I'm using Mozilla Firefox 14.0.1

sonam wrote:
likeabreeze wrote:
Every time I click an emoticon and insert it into the text, the emoticon ends up being at the end of the text.
the emoticons should have been where the cursor is.


This is old problem on this forum but I think owner haven't time to solve it. Just drag and drop emoticon where you want to insert. Wink

Sonam


Probably, the best way is to write the code instead.

Posts merged by GhostRider103
Ghost Rider103
I get the same thing when I try to drag and drop. Though it probably varies depending on what browser you are using. I'm on Google Chrome.

This has been a known issue for a long time though. I think it may possibly be on the to-do list. It isn't really a very big problem though as once you click on the icon you want, it will display the text you need to type, which is usually only two or maybe three characters. If you don't want to have to type in the smiley every time, just stop typing where you want the smiley to appear, click whichever one you'd like and then continue typing. That is probably the best way.
deanhills
Ocalhoun also suggested in one of the many threads about this subject to write out the smileys, instead of clicking on them, as the text of the smileys is fairly easy to memorize.
ghanster
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I get the same thing when I try to drag and drop. Though it probably varies depending on what browser you are using. I'm on Google Chrome.

This has been a known issue for a long time though. I think it may possibly be on the to-do list. It isn't really a very big problem though as once you click on the icon you want, it will display the text you need to type, which is usually only two or maybe three characters. If you don't want to have to type in the smiley every time, just stop typing where you want the smiley to appear, click whichever one you'd like and then continue typing. That is probably the best way.


I use Firefox and also have the same problem! I cant tell, but I think its with the software coding, or something similar!
Josso
Seems like BB3 may have had similar problems at some point in time. Just tried it on my BB3 board actually and it works fine but I remember some problem like this in version 2. All in all not really problem of the century just cut and paste it, I think this is actually more a problem with phpBB than frihost? I may be wrong been a while since I used it.
ocalhoun
Josso wrote:
this is actually more a problem with phpBB than frihost?

Indeed it is... the (rather outdated) version of phpbb that frihost is based off of has that as a known problem.

I wonder if anyone ever wrote a phpbb2 mod to fix that?
If there's an existing mod that will make it work, that might be worthwhile to implement.
LxGoodies
Not so sure of that.. can't find an actual fix for it,

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=111557&start=15

It seems it has something to do with non-Internet Explorer behaviour and DOM-tree versions (IE should not have the problem)

For the newest version irt smileys and posting see phpBB3

https://www.phpbb.com/support/documentation/3.0/adminguide/acp_posting.php

Lots of things changed..

Lx Smile
Related topics
*OFFICIAL* Which Browser do you use?
Skinning Wordpress
This is my friend's picture.
better hosting system
Little Problem
how to connect them
phpBB in my account?
A php problem
Funny little problem
help with pagination problem
Problem accessing "Program Files"
Little problem with screensaver and WinXP.
Problem with my USB ports!
Link kit problem ?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.