FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why do I have to Keep on Installing the same Phone Driver

Possum
Hi

When I plug my Android USB cord into a different USB socket on my W7 computer why does my computer install the driver for that phone again. When it has already been installed when I plug the phone in another USB socket the first time I used it.....

Thank you
Ghost Rider103
Are you sure it's installing? Or are you sure you actually installed it the first time?

I don't really remember how the Android system works, but what exactly is the driver for? If you plug your phone in, you should be able to access everything without installing any sort of driver.
Possum
It happens automatically..

I should of done a video screen capture of it..

My phone absolutely needs drivers before it can talk to the computer.. I was thinking perhaps each USB port has its own collections of drivers for the devices you connect thru it..

I say that as this has happened with my other computers XP and W7

thx
Ghost Rider103
Hm, are you sure? Usually if you plug your phone into your computer you can go to the "My Computer" button and find your device and then you can usually browse through your photos/videos/music, etc. from there.

I had a few Androids, I can't remember needing to install any drivers. Though perhaps they have changed since I used one (been over a year).

Sorry, I guess I can't be of any more help. Sad
Possum
Ghost Rider103 you have been of great help.. I will keep on working on this question. Anyway my phones going.... Smile