FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost banner

alongkichu
Well, I am on Frihost now ( Embarassed currently on free plan) and with the kind of quality it delivers, I wish to contribute to the community in any way possible. I have written a couple of reviews, one can be found here http://freehosting1.net/host.aspx?HostID=frihost.com&p=1
Anyway, are there any Frihost banners that can be cutomised and put it up on my forums? My conscience won't allow me to avail such high quality services all for free Razz
Ghost Rider103
We really appreciate you trying to give back.

To my knowledge, there isn't current any Frihost banners you can use to promote Frihost. The only thing Frihost asks you to do in return of the free hosting, is to simple post and stay active on the forums. Smile

You can also refer users to Frihost, using your referral link. Which will gain you more coins as well. There are some IRC banners I made back in the day, but those are really to promote the Frihost IRC channel, you can see an example of one in my signature. Speaking of IRC, we'd love to see you in the Frihost IRC channel.

Thanks again, really appreciate the review. Very Happy
deanhills
The banner below has been created by someone else a long time ago - not sure where I copied it from as I downloaded it from my hard disk. I like it as its style matches the old-world charm of Frihost:

I created the banner below a long while ago - never used it, but it was great fun making it:

truespeed
deanhills wrote:

Wow colour,it is hard to imagine frihost with colour,frihost is the forum equivalent of black and white tv Smile
Asap170
deanhills wrote:

Dean, Yea I don't think alongkichu wants a unicorn banner, but ya never know. Glad to see your still active here Dean.

Oh and for the banner I don't know of any. Be creative! Create one!
alongkichu
Thanks guys. Especially liked the first one posted by dean. Anyway, think I'll create one of my own, something that blends in well with my current theme. Again, any catchy lines you have in mind? Very Happy I'm gonna post the link here when its all done.
Ghost Rider103
The first one Dean posted was used on the home page for a loooong time. Not sure who created it, my guess would be Bondings.

No ponies please. Very Happy
Peterssidan
The old frihost logo

There was a frihost banner contest a long time ago. Unfortunatly most images are broken now. Here are some that still works.

In another thread I also found a few.

GuidanceReader
So are all these images free to use on my website?
Ghost Rider103
Oh wow I never seen some of those. That competition was created before I was a member of Frihost even lol.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use those images. If the demand for Frihost banners is high though, I could surely make some high quality ones for you guys to use wherever you'd like. However no ponies would be involved. Razz
deanhills
Agreed Peterssidan. That is an eye opener. I was unaware those had been around.

Just got an idea. Why not have a competition for a Frihost banner for general use like alongkichu intends? Frihost is competition starved and would be nice to see what people can come up with.

*Thanks Asap! Nice to see you posting as well. Very Happy *
Josso
HOLY CRAP I remember not wanting to bump that thread and that was WHEN I JOINED. Some photoshop wizard needs to get us a nice shiny one to replace the old hippie one.

Maybe I will actually attempt it this time
deanhills
Josso wrote:
HOLY CRAP I remember not wanting to bump that thread and that was WHEN I JOINED. Some photoshop wizard needs to get us a nice shiny one to replace the old hippie one.

Maybe I will actually attempt it this time
Sounds like a great idea. How about a YouTube show?
alongkichu
deanhills wrote:
Why not have a competition for a Frihost banner for general use

I am in! That is if newbies are even allowed Smile Cant promise you any wizards' stuffs but at least I can give it a try.
truespeed
deanhills wrote:

Just got an idea. Why not have a competition for a Frihost banner for general use *

With so many coins dean you could start one,350 coins the price of a domain to the winner.
zimmer
nice to see those old banners...

Post more that means you help a lot with frihost..
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Just got an idea. Why not have a competition for a Frihost banner for general use *

With so many coins dean you could start one,350 coins the price of a domain to the winner.
I've given away more than 2000 coins plus over the last few months. Think it's time the Frihost management roll out the competitions. I'm just a mere mortal member around here. Twisted Evil
VaderX
I can make some banners and stuff and we can go around promoting. I even got this site linked on my google plus account.
deanhills
VaderX wrote:
I can make some banners and stuff and we can go around promoting. I even got this site linked on my google plus account.
Sounds like a great idea! Site linking is also a great idea. Very Happy
ghyster
I haven't started yet. But will surely do it if I manage to get one.
RosenCruz
a cool little 88x88 button needed to promote frihost. a good quality one Cool
Vanilla
Ooooooohh me likey! I want to try it too! I'm not a Photoshop goddess but I'll try to make a new banner. I don't guarantee you'll be satisfied because I tend to produce very girl-ish material (hence my pretty signature). Also, I'm okay with rainbows. And ponies. Twisted Evil

VaderX wrote:

So you're the one posting all those Frihost links on G+? Yes, I'm curious and I tend to stalk Frihost at different places sometimes. I even like Frihost on Facebook. Very Happy