FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

is directory submission important part of SEO

ridemeup
All we know that directory submission one of most important part of SEO, because it help to increase PR and drive traffic to site, resulting generate income or reach the goal. So i was looking few directory to Submit an article and found a list of directory through google search I hope i will use them to submit article soon.

Link removed by GhostRider103
likeabreeze
ridemeup wrote:
All we know that directory submission one of most important part of SEO, because it help to increase PR and drive traffic to site, resulting generate income or reach the goal. So i was looking few directory to Submit an article and found a list of directory through google search I hope i will use them to submit article soon.

try dmoz.org

P.S. the Subject of your post is not good.
smanikvivian
In SEO, nothing guarantees excellent seo positions than having excellent material on your web page. Use clean and exciting material that creates individuals want to read more and ensure that google love your website. Make material your main SEO technique.
cybernie
smanikvivian wrote:
In SEO, nothing guarantees excellent seo positions than having excellent material on your web page. Use clean and exciting material that creates individuals want to read more and ensure that google love your website. Make material your main SEO technique.

I agree with this. But submitting your articles or blog to directories actually adds up to your site's searchability.
playfungames
I do not think that directory submission is a good part of seo anymore. Directories are swarmed with useless links all the time. They have thousands and thousand of outgoing links. Directories themselves do not have anything unique to provide from other directories. They are just one of those in the pool of hundreds of thousands of directories.

So I guess, directories do not matter that much anymore. People should stop worrying about submitting to thousands of directories and start working on their site that it is of high quality to be ranked highly in search engines.
Dialogist
The whole purpose of SEO is so you don't have to pace the internets handing out leaflets. If you build it, they will come.

I hear that having a hot asian chick as your avatar with a sexually suggestive username dropping links on social sites can work wonders too.
apolice9
Yes, directory submission is one of the best ways to get quality back link and it is also a best tactic of off page SEO. Directory submission is also use as view of marketing; it is such good way to promoting any website. It is helpful to get massive traffic and useful visitor.
autoon
Directory submission is best ways to get quality back link!

dmoz.org is not working
flaming
After penguin there was a big discuss that directory submission danger. But experts say directory submission still good. Doing submissions to well-maintained and quality directories still seems to have a positive impact. Doing submissions to poorly maintained, spam-filled directories may no longer be harmless.
tamilparks
yes directory submission is must for get traffic to our website
dolfinchris
To get good PR quality back-links are necessary for a website and directory submissions,forums and another off page seo techniques has great contribution in getting back-links for website.
dolfinchris
Yes,

It is part of off page seo techniques.No doubt it play important role in creating back-links
eckorock
I have successfully used bulk directory submissions (2000+ automated) to rank pages in smaller and less competitive niches -

so if you ask me it's still an effective use of your marketing budget considering the scale + automation that is possible
shahneel355
ridemeup wrote:

Link removed by GhostRider103

Yes Directory submission is important part of SEO. Using Directory submission our site will added to some list so that visitors of our site will increase.
tonberry
Directory submission is bullcrap in my opinion. Back when every website had a "links" page and guestbook, quality directory submissions were the cream of the crop. Since then, the opinion stayed the same even though the habits of us internet folks changed drastically (except Google and e-mail).

Whoever has doubts over link directory's viability needs to ask himself two qestions: how many times did I look for stuff in article directories? and especially: when was the time I looked for content through this route?

If someone has a fresh website with little content and finds it easy to get included, this means that directory accepts low quality websites and if that's the case, Google is well aware of that and treats the inbound link accordingly.

Not many people use those directories and it would be naive to expect from Google some kind of misplaced sentiment towards those websites and holding those links in high regards. The logic suggests the other thing: a new website added to hundreds of directory sources is the way of saying "hello, I'm here to spam" to the internet.

Dmoz.org may be the only exception to the rule, but I still don't personally know a single person who used them in the last 10 years so how popular are they really, I don't know.
neozz
You heard that penguin effect?? My 25k visitor getting site simply washed out. Please everyone thinking that directory submission and high pagerank comments or links are very useful. Google penalizing that type bulk links. Dmoz not accepting new websites. You can contact the authors if your site very unique.
Nick2008
As neozz mentioned, Google's new algorithm for ranking websites ("Penguin") no longer relies as much on backlinks as much as it does on quality material. Backlinks, of course, remain an integral part of SEO, but you have to be diligent where they are coming from. Backlinks from disreputable websites will actually hurt your SEO and decrease your website's rank.

I never submit any of my websites to a directory. I write quality material and just let Google discover my website and index it. I have had good results so far.
msfarsa
Your are right ridemuep, because directory submission is also important. It give us help in increasing PR of website as well as it also increase the traffic for website. But i have a suggestion that before submitting website to any directory, first we complete all work on website (means no any work is in progress or under construction). Shocked
markharris
Yes it is very important
jamesparker
Yes it plays vital role in SEO
jamesparker
Yes it plays vital role in SEO
johans
Dialogist wrote:
The whole purpose of SEO is so you don't have to pace the internets handing out leaflets. If you build it, they will come.

I think you need to work it out also. Advertise your site via free social networking will make help.
dude_xyx
This is 2014. So directory submissions are no longer valid anymore. Just a waste of time unless it's a niche specific directory and you get a home page link. It's better focus more on web 2.0 properties and blogs.
cps31
Now a days directory submission dont work at all.
mariagarval
Yes, I helpful but you post high quality directories and otherwise you'll lose your ranking...
urielt
directory submission its important, but only few directory can be really helpful to your site
airh3ad
If you observer or search the net there are directory submission site business now. some use free directory but you need to have reciprocal. once again directory submission one of most important part of SEO, because it help to increase PR and drive traffic to site.
roshedwardd
Definitely old but reliable technique .......
vivaanedwardd
directory submission one of most important part of SEO... Old But important technique
ibraltan1
Any item or administration hitting the general population market should be publicized. There are different ways and means through which this ad can achieve the overall population. The print media, roadside flags, pamphlets, realistic sheets and so forth are a percentage of the commonplace promoting strategies took after. Made an expert site to advance the business is the new and in vogue showcasing device attempted today to uncover a business. Basic components like the SEO, SEM, index accommodation, third party referencing and so on expansion the output when somebody looks in the internet searcher. The site payout alongside the infectious substance and labels ought to be skillful to get client movement. Also, to empower this numerous components are concerned basic like the SEO, SEM, index accommodation, external link establishment and so on any business concern which takes off as a fresher must give away an official statement and do the online directories and search engine submissions. Official statement is only an open connection declaration about the new business prospects. The data gave ought to be 100% unique and no false or misrepresented substance ought to be centered around. This is the primary entryway which opens up to the general population who will trust what they see or read from this official statement. This should likewise be possible amid a course of a business when they reveal another item or have presented or opened another store.