|1. If stomachs did not have a lining of mucus, your stomach would digest itself.
2. There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in the human body.
3. It takes about 60 seconds for a human blood cell to make a complete circuit of the body.
4. The average person will shed 40 pounds of skin in his/her lifetime.
5. 1/15th of a pint of blood is pumped with every heartbeat.
6. Humans share 98.4% of our DNA with chimps. In comparison, we share 70% of our DNA with a slug.
7. The lightest baby to survive weighed a mere 283 grams.
8. On average, women say 7,000 words per day while men manage just over 2,000 words.
9. The human brain uses 20% of the body?s energy but is only 2% of the body?s weight.
10. On average, humans lose 40-100 strands of hair per day.
11. A sneeze can exceed the speed of 100mph.
12. A cough can reach the speed of 60mph.
13. The average person will drink about 16,000 gallons of water in his/her lifetime.
14. It takes 17 muscles to smile while taking 43 muscles to frown.
15. The human brain is composed of 75% water.
16. Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
17. More germs are transferred while shaking hands compared to kissing.
18. There are approximately 550 hairs in a person?s eyebrow.
19. The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue.
20. A person produces 10,000 gallons of saliva in an average lifetime.
21. The hardest bone in the human body is the jawbone.
22. The number of eye blinks varies greatly from about 29 blinks each minute if you are talking to someone to only 4 blinks each minute if you are reading.
23. The average human blinks 25 times per minute.
24. A nail takes around 6 months to grow from base to the tip.
25. Each second 10,000,000 cells die and are replaced in your body.
26. Your liver performs over 500 functions in your body.
27. The average person spends 1/3 of their lifetime sleeping.
28. More germs are transferred when shaking hands than kissing.
29. The average person (from western culture) consumes 10 liters of alcohol per year.
30. Roughly 75% of people who play the radio in their car sing along to it.