FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

UPS ground

Tony The Tiger
Does UPS ground use airplanes? Just noticed this information on an eBay purchase tracking information: Indianapolis, IN, United States 08/24/2012 10:10 P.M. Departure Scan Chicago, IL, United States 08/25/2012 12:30 A.M. Arrival Scan
Ankhanu
Yes.
crystalkey
They use planes, depending on where the 2 points are located, and for what level of service is paid for.
Tony The Tiger
crystalkey wrote:
They use planes, depending on where the 2 points are located, and for what level of service is paid for.

Above I paid for UPS ground. Thus, I did not pay for planes. However, I am realizing that the times that I presented may be somewhat misleading. I think Indianapolis is in the Eastern Time Zone. Meanwhile, Chicago is in the Central time zone. Thus, it may have been in transit for an hour longer than the times above make it seem since I believe that the UPS computer data bases record times using the local time. I.E., Indianapolis, IN, United States 08/24/2012 10:10 P.M. Departure Scan Chicago, IL, United States 08/25/2012 12:30 A.M. Arrival Scan means that in Chicago time the departure was 9:10 and the arrival was 12:30. It is not so implausible that there was actually a ground delivery in this time period.