FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Gummy Bear Challenge

XchaosX
Michael Rage Quit Jones from Rooster Teeth the Gummy Bear Challenge which is to eat this lage gummy bear in 2 mins I think this Gummy is huge check it out.
deanhills
Eating it in 2 minutes - unless one swallows portions at a time whole - looks like a very impossible task.
XchaosX
My bad it Actully said an hour and a half not 2 mins
Ghost Rider103
Lol was funny to watch, though I couldn't imagine someone eating the entire bear and being able to keep it down. I don't think your body would be able to successfully digest all of that.
ghanster
When I saw the gummy bear I thought it was as easy as drinking water. Finishing it within 90minutes was like easy, but I now know its impossible...

Why did he vomit it anyway? Was his stomach full or he just couldn't continue? Question
ocalhoun
ghanster wrote:
When I saw the gummy bear I thought it was as easy as drinking water. Finishing it within 90minutes was like easy, but I now know its impossible...

Impossible... maybe.

But I know a guy who's done other 'impossible' eating feats, such as drinking a gallon of milk in less than an hour.
deanhills
I thought the YouTube show said 2 minutes? Or maybe I got the wrong end of it? 90 minutes would be doable I'd think though.
ghanster
deanhills wrote:
I thought the YouTube show said 2 minutes? Or maybe I got the wrong end of it? 90 minutes would be doable I'd think though.

It sounds possible at the beginning when you first hear of it, but proofs impossible when you watch it!
Vanilla
I need to convert pounds to kilograms to see if I could try and... HOLY COW! That's a gummy bear with more than 2 kgs! I'm sick just by imagining eating the whole stuff. Nah, it's impossible. That's too much and I think only Godzilla would be capable of eating everything. Razz
Afaceinthematrix
That's just disgusting; I won't even watch. If I did watch, I'd probably lose my breakfast. Gluttony at it's finest, right? I would not be able to do that because I do not overeat; my stomach would not be used to that. I also eat very healthy and so my stomach would kill me for consuming all of that sugar.
deanhills
Well I guess it's like people who do alcohol in excess. They get sick the first few times, and then their body gets used to it. Doing alcohol does great harm to the body as well, particularly when taken in excess over the longer term. If one has practiced overdoing sugar, I'd imagine after a while one's body could get accustomed to it too. Definitely not very healthy and I'd never be able to do it myself, but someone else may find it great fun and just like doing crazy stuff like that.
coolclay
Awful, I can't deal with eating large amounts of anything in a short time span. Just watching it brought back sick feelings of the time I did a pie eating contest. To this day I can't eat a blueberry pie without having flashbacks, and this was almost 10 years ago!
Afaceinthematrix
deanhills wrote:
Well I guess it's like people who do alcohol in excess. They get sick the first few times, and then their body gets used to it. Doing alcohol does great harm to the body as well, particularly when taken in excess over the longer term. If one has practiced overdoing sugar, I'd imagine after a while one's body could get accustomed to it too. Definitely not very healthy and I'd never be able to do it myself, but someone else may find it great fun and just like doing crazy stuff like that.

Well I can drink large amounts of alcohol (although I usually don't). Eating large amounts of food seems like it would be harder because it just starts to hurt while you're doing it yet you still have to do it. If you drink large amounts of alcohol, you just get drunk and then drinking large amounts of alcohol gets easier. If you eat large amounts of food, you start to get full and sick and then you still have to keep going if you want to finish the gummy bear.
coolclay
Also keep in mind that your stomach can process liquids significantly easier and faster than it can process solids! Especially highly processed largely artificial ones!
appsapps
For a more real world comparison, think of it as eating 16 standard size bags of gummy bears (5oz each).

That's a lot of gummy bears!