FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unknown Ram

Sh3raz
Hey guys,

Recently I bought a computer case for a tenner...didn't know what was in the case, second hand and stuff...just on a whim, its only a tenner afterall

GPU missing, hard drive missing. But 4GB DDR3 Ram. Well I only have 4 GB and I could use that.
my M4N68T-pro only goes to 1333 MHz tho. And on the 2 DDR sticks (of 2gb each) there is nothing to say what the frequency is.

I don't wanna sc**w up my system but I'm sorely tempted to just slam the RAM into the slots and see what happens

Advice please?

Oh and on the RAM it does say:
PNY Technology Europe
2GB DDR3 DIMM
64B0MHHHJ8G09
warranty void if removed
F145702 HOT 4010

if helpful. thanks people
weableandbob
Nothing bad should happen from installing the ram, assuming it is functional ram. If the clock on the new ram is higher than either your current ram or supported ram speed, it should automatically lower the speed to match. Even if it isn't underclocked automatically, nothing permanent should happen. If problems occur, just remove the new ram and you should be good.
standready
Do a search for 'PNY 64B0MHHHJ8G09'. I believe you find specs at 133 MHz for the model chips
Sh3raz
ah I see, thanks very much Smile