FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I redid the entire site and did everything from scratch

XchaosX
So there where some issues with the site I had up before do to the layout and colors honestly I was not proud of it ethier iweb is not a good program so I redid the entire site made it from scratch using bare bones and dreamweaver CS5 I would like to know what everyone thinks of it now CLICK HERE to visit and tell me what you guys think
codemaster
What you did is pretty decent. I'll suggest trying to put the buttons somewhere else and making the page a bit wider since the menu is longer than the content area it self. Other than those things your site is pretty good so far.
XchaosX
Dude I spent for ever try to reposition those buttons but could not do it and as far as making the page wider how do I do that is it a CSS thing or something else
codemaster
Okay I understand there are some tutorials out there you could look at.
metalfreek
Your site looks really nice. About making the page width you can specify the width of the page on css using the div for the whole site like this

#divmaincontainer {
width:960px;
}
XchaosX
width 960 ok I will get on that is the hight ok
johans
XchaosX wrote:
So there where some issues with the site I had up before do to the layout and colors honestly I was not proud of it ethier iweb is not a good program so I redid the entire site made it from scratch using bare bones and dreamweaver CS5 I would like to know what everyone thinks of it now CLICK HERE to visit and tell me what you guys think

everything in scratch is a long task of work.. well, do your best dude
XchaosX
Well not everything I used a wizard just for the layout and edited it a lil bit the rest of the stuff the images fav icon table data and java script stuff was all me
XchaosX
Ok made page wider tell me what you guys think
Ghost Rider103
Looks like you got a few issues going on.

The logo on the top left seems like it might be breaking the page. The top of the page has a larger width than the bottom.

What's up with the background image? It doesn't fit the page very well.

Other than that you have a lot of alignment issues going on as well. Maybe this is only in Google Chrome, but it doesn't look right for me.

You might want to go back to the design stage and rethink on how you want the whole page laid out.

The only thing I like on the site is the navigation. Though the mouse-over effect seems like it lags?

Anyways, overall not bad, but you have a lot of work to do. Smile
XchaosX
How is that possible for a page to have two different widths for the top and bottom everything was checked in chrome that's the only browser I use since its up to date with the latest scripts and what not the the little tinny icons I have spent hours trying to reposition them I think what I may do is instead of make one CSS for the entire site I will make multiple which I should of done in the first place but I needed a general layout so I used the wizard to get me started now my CSS page filled with comments out the wazoo. and the logo breaking the page I will have to look at that might of missed it all I did was increased the width of the page from 80% to 87% I don't know it's still a learning process. I have been fooling around with HTML since I was 10 but not using CSS and now with everything changing from 4.01 transitional to 4.01 strict u have to use CSS and it is my weakest point it was so easy to use align tags and such now everything style and formatting wise is done in CSS
Ghost Rider103
I can't really understand what your last post said....

Anyways, it is probably not an alignment issue in CSS, it looks like it's actually your images (except for maybe the content width is too large).

Your header image is a larger width than your footer image. Making it look weird. You need to make the width of your header and your footer image exactly the same (you will have to re size the images themselves for the best quality).

Now for your content box, why do you have that wider than your header? It looks funky. Make it all the same width so everything is in alignment with eachother. It looks sloppy otherwise.
XchaosX
Ok got ya I understand what you are saying now
Ghost Rider103
Great! Like I said, perhaps you might want to go back into the design stage of the website before you go and try to change too much.

What I really recommend you do, is take a look around at some other websites that look appealing to you and try to figure out why they are appealing to you. Then try to corporate that into your own design, however without copying someone else's design fully. Just go out and get some good inspiration from other designers.

Good luck.