FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How active should I be?

likeabreeze
I'm new to here,
after my hosting request was accepted, I received a message:
---------------------------------
You need to be active on our forums and keep your Points positive to remain hosted by us.
---------------------------------
so, how active should I be?
and how many is positive?
SonLight
Hello, and welcome. You do need to post on the forums to remain hosted, as the message indicates. You should try to keep your point count above zero at all times. When you are hosted, one point per day is subtracted, to "pay" for the hosting.

Posts are worth one to five points depending on the length of the post. There is a limit of forty-five points you can keep, however if you get above that you can earn coins.
likeabreeze
SonLight wrote:
Hello, and welcome. You do need to post on the forums to remain hosted, as the message indicates. You should try to keep your point count above zero at all times. When you are hosted, one point per day is subtracted, to "pay" for the hosting.

Posts are worth one to five points depending on the length of the post. There is a limit of forty-five points you can keep, however if you get above that you can earn coins.

Sounds like a good policy!

but it is a little unwise to depend the points only on the length of the post........
sonam
likeabreeze wrote:

but it is a little unwise to depend the points only on the length of the post........

The maximum points what you can get for one post is five. In that case for each post you will get between 1 and 5 points independent of length of post. If you want to keep your hosting then you need one post per day. Of course if your post get five points then you don't need to post next few days. Wink

Read here more:
http://www.frihost.com/faq.php

Sonam
likeabreeze
sonam wrote:
likeabreeze wrote:

The maximum points what you can get for one post is five. In that case for each post you will get between 1 and 5 points independent of length of post. If you want to keep your hosting then you need one post per day. Of course if your post get five points then you don't need to post next few days. Wink

Read here more:
http://www.frihost.com/faq.php

Sonam

Yes,Thank you.
But what I really mean is that quality is more important than quantity when it comes to the points of a post.
sonam
Of course, quality is more important then quantity, but it is not easy to cheat this point system. First, if you post bad quality posts most of regular members will ignore it. Second, they will report your posts and you will loose your posts and points gained with this bad posting. In that case it is better to write good posts then loose time and points with bad posting, isn't it?

Everyone of us sometimes write something useless, or just one sentence without too much thinking, but this cannot be daily practice. Wink

Sonam
codemaster
I didn't even know that they subtract for the "paying" of the web hosting. Now I'll be twice as active around the forum. Thanks for giving the questions and the answers guys. So now everyone who didn't know now knows they have to keep points above zero.
metalfreek
One post a day in Frihost forum is good enough for you to maintain the hosting.
Ankhanu
Or 9 really good posts every 45 days will do it. That's probably the minimum, easiest activity required... a single post a day is actually more work, I think.

I used to post once a month, before I decided to really start engaging the community here... now I post pretty much daily for fun.
likeabreeze
Ankhanu wrote:
Or 9 really good posts every 45 days will do it. That's probably the minimum, easiest activity required... a single post a day is actually more work, I think.

I used to post once a month, before I decided to really start engaging the community here... now I post pretty much daily for fun.

WOW!!!
For fun?
No wonder you've got so many coins!!!
inuyasha
At least a post per day, I think~ But you see, I'm not doing very well recently T_T. I need to be more active~ I was engaged in some projects and homework Sad
likeabreeze
inuyasha wrote:
At least a post per day, I think~ But you see, I'm not doing very well recently T_T. I need to be more active~ I was engaged in some projects and homework Sad

Students in China?
ocalhoun
likeabreeze wrote:

There are other factors involved as well.

Use of bbcode, for example, will increase the points given for a post. -- by more than just the extra characters of length.
donoob88
Points is easily maintained, unless you don't log in or post for few months like me, i have points to catch up -.- will try that bbcode o.O
alongkichu
This topic has helped me a lot, I wanted to ask the same question before. Anyway, posting a couple of times per week is a small price for the excellent hosting that we get here. I've always wanted to post more but I usually think that the ideas I get are below standard. Embarassed
camgold89
SonLight wrote:
Hello, and welcome. You do need to post on the forums to remain hosted, as the message indicates.

wait so if my points go in the negative, my hosting will not be suspended or anything like that?
truespeed
camgold89 wrote:
SonLight wrote:
Hello, and welcome. You do need to post on the forums to remain hosted, as the message indicates.

wait so if my points go in the negative, my hosting will not be suspended or anything like that?

All inactive hosting accounts are removed manually,I don't know how often Bondings does a clear out but if you're fairly new and your points are well into the negative when he does this you will probably get removed,if you are a member who has been around for some time you will probably get some leeway,either way it is probably best to just stay positive,to be on the safe side.
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
Two email warnings are sent at -5 and -10 Points. Your account may get removed after those two warnings if you are still inactive.
Please note that the Points are only an indication of your activeness. Frihost uses it to indicate possible inactive users. No account is removed automatically.

In your case since you are -30 is question of time and availability of the admins teams
Or on the other hand they are giving you the change to reconsider if you really want to remain here
In my opinion you should dig about paid hosting services prices and offers right now maybe you will fell more encourage to post after that. Right now
Ha-ha time is money
milkshake01
Post at least once every 45 days to keep your hosting account. Bondings (The founder) is very generous.
sonam
milkshake01 wrote:
Post at least once every 45 days to keep your hosting account. Bondings (The founder) is very generous.

I think you are understand something wrong. You must post minimum 9 posts in 45 days. Every post must gain minimum 5 points otherwise you need more then 9. The best practice (for me) is post from time to time and don't care how many posts I made and how much points I get. If my points go too much down then I am try to find something interesting for posting. No pressure, no think, no stress just one click and see where I am. Wink

Sonam
zaxacongrejo
That’s the point im new to frihost and to the need to post to have host or even too forums
A noob, newbie, rockye , whatever you can or want to call me
And honestly the first thing I thought when I applied was this will be probably I waste of time because in a few days I will be in negative points.
The idea of have to post was a kind of obligation and I was expecting to be tired after the first day, you know nothing to say, nothing to write but the forums are plenty of subjects it is very easy to find something to post and you can find help in almost everything around here yesterday I find myself talking about birds and coins loll, so you can see this is much more than just a tech forum
sonam
zaxacongrejo wrote:
That’s the point im new to frihost and to the need to post to have host or even too forums
A noob, newbie, rockye , whatever you can or want to call me
And honestly the first thing I thought when I applied was this will be probably I waste of time because in a few days I will be in negative points.
The idea of have to post was a kind of obligation and I was expecting to be tired after the first day, you know nothing to say, nothing to write but the forums are plenty of subjects it is very easy to find something to post and you can find help in almost everything around here yesterday I find myself talking about birds and coins loll, so you can see this is much more than just a tech forum

But you must know: If you have more then 45 points then next day your points will deduct on 45. The difference will be recalculated and you will get Coins. With 350 Coins you can buy domain of your choose. Wink

Sonam
zaxacongrejo
Sure i do but honestly i use free tlds i don’t really care that much but please note
i divide my life in 2 real life and cyber life so for my cyber life free tlds like cc.cz or something like, that is more them enough
And for real life i need paper each time i register a domain name because of the taxes, and i don’t know in this case if they give us recipe or not do you know that? But anyway my money is not the money of the companies so I don’t really care they have money to pay their domains. Anyway thanks for the heads up