FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What?it says the disk space and bandwidth is unlimited?

likeabreeze
Well, just now, my free account was activated
we all know the disk space max is 1500MB,bandwidth max is 35GB, but after I entered "Domain setup",here is what I saw:
Bandwidth: 0.000000 / unlimited
Disk Usage: 0.675781 / unlimited
UNLIMITED?
Are u kidding?
Bondings
likeabreeze wrote:
Well, just now, my free account was activated
we all know the disk space max is 1500MB,bandwidth max is 35GB, but after I entered "Domain setup",here is what I saw:
Bandwidth: 0.000000 / unlimited
Disk Usage: 0.675781 / unlimited
UNLIMITED?
Are u kidding?

Both the disk space and the bandwidth limits are there for your whole account (all your domains). The limits in domain setup are limits that you can set yourself for a specific domain. By default they don't have a specific limit, that's why they show unlimited. Of course they are limited by the whole account limit.
likeabreeze
Bondings wrote:

Both the disk space and the bandwidth limits are there for your whole account (all your domains). The limits in domain setup are limits that you can set yourself for a specific domain. By default they don't have a specific limit, that's why they show unlimited. Of course they are limited by the whole account limit.

Mmmmm, I got it.
But, obviously, "unlimited" can easily cause misconception.
In other words, it should be:
Disk Usage: 0.675781 / (1500MB - disk usage of other domains)

your opinion?
Bondings
likeabreeze wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Mmmmm, I got it.
But, obviously, "unlimited" can easily cause misconception.
In other words, it should be:
Disk Usage: 0.675781 / (1500MB - disk usage of other domains)

your opinion?

Yes it is definitely confusing. I think I was also confused about it when I first noticed it. It is a very handy feature if you wish to restrict the bandwidth usage of your domains yourself, eg. if you host a website of a friend/family member, but don't want it to overrun your total bandwidth.

I think DirectAdmin should put it somewhere on that page that the total account limit applies to and mention that limit on that page. I might be able to change the template (DirectAdmin itself is closed source though), but I prefer not to in case I break something.
likeabreeze
Bondings wrote:

Yes it is definitely confusing. I think I was also confused about it when I first noticed it. It is a very handy feature if you wish to restrict the bandwidth usage of your domains yourself, eg. if you host a website of a friend/family member, but don't want it to overrun your total bandwidth.

I think DirectAdmin should put it somewhere on that page that the total account limit applies to and mention that limit on that page. I might be able to change the template (DirectAdmin itself is closed source though), but I prefer not to in case I break something.

That's ok.
thanks for your reply!