FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

comment on the ads in the forum

RA
When I first signed up for an account here, I was a bit worried that the ad content that I would be viewing would be too annoying for me. I am the kind of person that instantly blocks an ad if it annoys me to much (such as the "Punch the Monkey" flash ad). The same happens with TV - I will go out of my way to change the channel if there is an annoying ad.

However, as I've used the forum, I've noticed that the ads here are present yet not annoying, and they are even occationally relevant. I hope this business model continues to work for frihost, as it works for me quite well.
ulmas
Yeap, you are quite right. When first visiting the forums, I was exprecting annoying flashing banners all-the-where, but what I saw were google ad-sense like text ads, and that is pretty fine.
sibbahz
google text ads are fine, i hardly notice them any more unless they are about something that intrests me.
These chitika ads are ok as well, nice for a site like this not to bombard users with popups.
Nameless
I think the ads are incredibly annoying and I tolerate them, but ignore them. Somehow I don't think I'll be buying a 2005 Honda Pilot anytime soon, ad or no ad.
yule
RA wrote:
When I first signed up for an account here, I was a bit worried that the ad content that I would be viewing would be too annoying for me. I am the kind of person that instantly blocks an ad if it annoys me to much (such as the "Punch the Monkey" flash ad). The same happens with TV - I will go out of my way to change the channel if there is an annoying ad.

However, as I've used the forum, I've noticed that the ads here are present yet not annoying, and they are even occationally relevant. I hope this business model continues to work for frihost, as it works for me quite well.

Support forever, I like.
valay5
I don't really mind the ads. :p
James Bond-007
Its either ddeal with the ads, or have no free hosting! You choose Very Happy
psycosquirrel
The ads are usually irrevelant, but as long as there are not popups and they do not interfere with the forum, I do not mind them.
ignition
I've actually found some useful stuff in the ads...I like them. Especially knowing that every click will help Frihost last a little bit longer Wink

I would MUCH rather have them on these forums than on our own sites. Very nice of Bondings to put the ads on the main page and the forums rather than force the users to place them on their site. But then again...I'm sure he would get more clicks this way than if they were on the thousands of subdomains that only 5 people visit Wink

Whatever - thanks Frihost, much love. Who cares about the ads =D
boho999
The das are ok. Quite discreet and a great way to fund the activity.
linux1993
Yeah, the way to present ads should be changed to style like google, just text. By the way ,Google released a new form to publish ads several days ago, called lightbox. It will be more efficient for Google's users and its clients.
Helios
Stop bumping old stuff... -close-