FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Question





VaderX
Now I want to know is Frihost giving freedom of use of service?. Which mean can users create whatever kind of website they want or is it gonna coop up users. The reason I'm asking is because I want to make sure that this host is going to be the right choice for my community.
Ankhanu
Have you read through the Terms of Service (TOS link in the header of every single page)? If not, I suggest doing so.

Here's a relevant excerpt:
TOS wrote:
C) Hosting rules

Any of the following is strictly not allowed, unless stated otherwise.

    Any type of IRC traffic on our servers.
    Websites or processes generating a high resource usage. This includes backing up/(g)zipping your account/website with a cron job. Resource intensive third-party statistic programs are also not allowed.
    Pornography, racism, violence and other offensive content, images or movies or the promotion of these.
    Copyrighted material without the permission of the owner. (content, images, music, software, ...)
    Hosting, linking and content related to warez, mp3's and all other illegal files.
    vBulletin, IPB and other paid forums/software without prior permission from an administrator.
    Sending unsolicited email messages otherwise known as spamming.
    SEO farms, scraped content or similar websites/practices.
    Excessive number of files, especially machine-generated.
    Out of date and insecure websites and/or scripts that are easily abused/hacked.
    Any scripts running in the background on the server.
    Cron jobs that are being executed more often than once per 15 minutes or generating a lot of cpu load.
    Content related to hacking, torrents, peer to peer, cracking, serial numbers, violence and terroristic activities.
    Starting your own free/paid webhost, image host or email host on our servers.
    Websites providing proxy services to its users or any other automatic retrieval of webpages or files including (search engine) crawlers/bots.
    MP3 and other music files are forbidden on our servers. Some exceptions might be made for self-made music hosted in one directory together with a legal.txt file explaining that the music files are completely legal. A written permission from an administrator is necessary prior to uploading the files. Remixes aren't considered as self-made music. Permission should be asked in the Request an Account Change forum.
    Any other action related to illegal activities.


Breaching any of the rules mentioned above, will result in an immediate cancellation of your account and/or legal actions towards you, depending on its severity.
VaderX
not exactly what I meant. by all types of websites. Because most host don't even allow community type websites/
Bondings
What do you mean by community? Something like a forum? That's definitely allowed.
nivinjoy
Quote:
At Frihost, we offer free php web hosting without advertisements to all our active members with the following features:

1500 MB of disk space
35 GB of traffic
No maximum file size
A free subdomain of your choice (eg. yoursite.frihost.org)
Unlimited domains and subdomains of your own
Php, perl, python, cgi, ssi and other scripting languages
Unlimited MySQL databases
Ftp access and browser uploads
Unlimited email accounts
cPanel or DirectAdmin control panel
No forced advertisements at all! Your own ads are allowed


As you see here you have the option of Unlimited MySQL databases and enough space with which you can install and run even the largest community website in the world. So go for it and get benefited.
ocalhoun
VaderX wrote:
The reason I'm asking is because I want to make sure that this host is going to be the right choice for my community.

As long as it's not porn or illegal, pretty much everything goes.

nivinjoy wrote:
Quote:

1500 MB of disk space
35 GB of traffic
No maximum file size
A free subdomain of your choice (eg. yoursite.frihost.org)
Unlimited domains and subdomains of your own
Php, perl, python, cgi, ssi and other scripting languages
Unlimited MySQL databases
Ftp access and browser uploads
Unlimited email accounts
cPanel or DirectAdmin control panel
No forced advertisements at all! Your own ads are allowed


As you see here you have the option of Unlimited MySQL databases and enough space with which you can install and run even the largest community website in the world.

Not so much... You can create an unlimited number of databases... but the data in them still counts towards your 1500MB limit.
So, you can't have a database larger than 1500MB.
donoob88
frihost is simply great, you try it, you won't regret xD
nivinjoy
ocalhoun wrote:

Not so much... You can create an unlimited number of databases... but the data in them still counts towards your 1500MB limit.
So, you can't have a database larger than 1500MB.


I wonder, is there any website or community board running with a database larger than 1500 MB.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
deanhills
nivinjoy wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

Not so much... You can create an unlimited number of databases... but the data in them still counts towards your 1500MB limit.
So, you can't have a database larger than 1500MB.


I wonder, is there any website or community board running with a database larger than 1500 MB.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Excellent point. When it gets to that size I'd immediately think SPAM BOTS!
nivinjoy
deanhills wrote:
Excellent point. When it gets to that size I'd immediately think SPAM BOTS!


Exactly.. Except for that we can't hope for a database larger than 1500 MB.. Right..??
CHAOS-THEORY
dude can't you use the title for its own purpose ??? titles are Half way explaining the post; i think he meant if FriHOST will try to make ads in his website after a previsible success of his own xD , i know what reverse psychology is .. n this user is serious about his community he wants trust.

PS: dont lol @ reverse psychology xDDDD i use that alot lol.
nivinjoy
CHAOS-THEORY wrote:
dude can't you use the title for its own purpose ??? titles are Half way explaining the post; i think he meant if FriHOST will try to make ads in his website after a previsible success of his own xD , i know what reverse psychology is .. n this user is serious about his community he wants trust.

PS: dont lol @ reverse psychology xDDDD i use that alot lol.


Errr.. Exactly what do you mean to say..? Rolling Eyes
Related topics
I Have a question . Is it the server support Chinese?
Question before requesting free hosting
question abt posts/mth
Kinda dumb question regarding DNS
A question
UT2004 U like the game? Do u have any question post here.
Question about DNS!
Question about Domain!
another uni.cc question
Question
Question abt lang. support...
question!!!!!!
A question about Naruto
C++ Question
PHPBB2 Question. (What MOD makes the featured announcements?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Frihost Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.