FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Romney Break Down

VaderX
Now while some Americans are hating on Obama who didn't cause debt (point fingers at the guys before him), We need to look at that lying,cheating,scumbag Mit Romney. He has yet to release full tax returns which proves that he's hiding something. So he is only turning attention to obama because Mit Romney knows he's the real issue. I'm surprised to even see him running against obama.
deanhills
There may be a very legitimate reason why Romney doesn't want to release his tax details, but of course that does count in Obama's favour though doesn't it? Guess it's always a good question to ask when the media digs for dirt is who is going to profit the most from digging it up. Obama or Romney?

Not that I'm a fan of Romney at all. I don't think he is a worthy candidate and probably only got where he did because of considerable sponsorship and able to spend millions on media campaigns. What I am against however is this digging up dirt exercises. Acting in the "public interest" no less! Yeah right! Twisted Evil
coolclay
In most recent polls, Paul vs Obama is still better than Romney vs Obama! No one really ever rallied behind Romney, it was hilarious to watch people migrate from one nut job to another during the primaries. Paul remains the only truly, and steadily successful Obama opponent!

Obviously Romney doesn't want anyone to see the loopholes he has jumped through to get richer, but at the same time this finger pointing is BS and isn't helping change our country, it's just calling a spade a spade!

Both parties are at blame, it's the same old political BS. I honestly wish politicians weren't allowed to have campaign managers and other staffers, and they could only represent themselves, I feel like things would so much better!
handfleisch
coolclay wrote:
Obviously Romney doesn't want anyone to see the loopholes he has jumped through to get richer, but at the same time this finger pointing is BS and isn't helping change our country, it's just calling a spade a spade!

I hear what you're saying, but I think the tax evasion issue is fair game. First of all, his father set the standard for tax return release. Second, Romney is running as Mr. Business, so the way he runs his business is a main issue. If he is going to be president, it does help our country to know what's up with him. It's called "vetting".

But it also makes me think someone in the Obama administration really got angry about all the "Birther" BS (don't forget that Trump is going to be honored at the GOP convention), and so payback is a motivation. Now it's the GOP and Romney's turn to show their papers -- and they won't. It's hilarious, and also an example of the saying "Turnaround is fair play.." (Or is that "turnabout"? Same difference.)
codemaster
handfleisch wrote:
coolclay wrote:

I hear what you're saying, but I think the tax evasion issue is fair game. First of all, his father set the standard for tax return release. Second, Romney is running as Mr. Business, so the way he runs his business is a main issue. If he is going to be president, it does help our country to know what's up with him. It's called "vetting".

But it also makes me think someone in the Obama administration really got angry about all the "Birther" BS (don't forget that Trump is going to be honored at the GOP convention), and so payback is a motivation. Now it's the GOP and Romney's turn to show their papers -- and they won't. It's hilarious, and also an example of the saying "Turnaround is fair play.." (Or is that "turnabout"? Same difference.)

Mitt Romney will get swept by Obama. Mitt is showing he is not going to make it any fair for the middle class. Obama cares for the middle class and he showed us he is not going to hide anything. Rush has somehow gotten into this little fight too. I remember him try to relate a story to the race. It is now clear that he's working with Mitt. Now Ryan is working with mitt. Ryan must be out of his mind to work with a Guy like Mitt. It's not good for his rep. Now to recap, Mitt has cheat his way somehow into the race and now ryan is taggin along.
indianinworld
whatever, at the end of the day, excluding Europe you guys screw the world anyways
handfleisch
indianinworld wrote:
whatever, at the end of the day, excluding Europe you guys screw the world anyways
The USA has committed many big crimes in the last 50 to 100 years in the world, but so has Russia (Soviet Union), China, Israel, and a lot of other places. Then look at how those places and others like Saudi Arabia treat their own people (India isn't innocent either) and the USA is not the worst in that category.
deanhills
handfleisch wrote:
indianinworld wrote:
The USA has committed many big crimes in the last 50 to 100 years in the world, but so has Russia (Soviet Union), China, Israel, and a lot of other places. Then look at how those places and others like Saudi Arabia treat their own people (India isn't innocent either) and the USA is not the worst in that category.
Precisely handfleisch. All we need to do is look at Syria and exactly why the war there is still ongoing, particularly compared with Bahrain.

So tell me Indianinworld. Who, in this specific world event, is screwing whom, and how, and for what reason?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/21/us-syria-crisis-idUSBRE8610SH20120821?feedType=RSS
coolclay
All I have to say is thank the Lord this election isn't Obama vs. Romney!
Quote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laura-trice/gop-scared-ron-paul_b_1814846.html
deanhills
First you had me puzzled Coolclay, did something happen that I was unaware off? Then read the article and that made my day. There is still a chance for Ron Paul? That's awesome news. Only part that worries me of course is that it's from a blog in Huffington Post.

While I was checking I noticed the polls for Obama and Romney are almost neck on neck. That had me almost despairing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2012
Iceaxe0410
To be honest, I don't really even care about if Romney paid taxes or not. If he didn't the IRS should be looking down his back. If anything, it's the system in place that allows him to use loopholes. Naturally he won't fix them because that's how many businesses work to increase profits. None of the candidates seem like they will really do much in the way to fix big corporation's influence on government. Obama hasn't made much progress in the first four years. Why would it be any different another four years?Both candidates are paid off by big corporations. I might just be pessimistic, but I think Romney's tax issue isn't really much to get worked up over.
spyed
Like Icexe it doesn't really bother me about Romney's tax returns. I suspect it will show similar to his last two years - that most of his income came from capital gains and dividends. All it will allow is the Obama administration to be like look he has paid less taxes than you for the last X number of years!

Well of course he has paid less taxes than me, he hasn't had a REAL wage earning job in quite sometime. Public service isn't a real wage earning job. Those who work jobs and earn wages, ie: the middle class, have ALWAYS been the ones that support the country through taxes. They are the heart and soul of the country. To step out of that middle class you have to have investments, and you don't start making livable money off of those investments until you are ready to retire.

To many have gotten the notion in their head they can be rich in their mid lives and do so off of earning a wage. Sure you can, but it's not likely. Real money is made from wise investments. Investments also are what help grow business and create jobs for future generations. People want it to 'trickle down' immediately because we are a country of instant gratification.

We want to tax the rich more because they have planned out a good retirement plan and made wise investments. Yet we forget they aren't receiving social security and medicare benefits that they have paid into all their lives while working to get where they are.
LxGoodies
PFFFF am I a primitive Dutch communist or what

Everyone should have the right to enjoy health care !

So you need some kind of insurance to cover that.

What's wrong

Bravo Obama to let civilization in

Lx
ocalhoun
LxGoodies wrote:

What's wrong

Lx

Way to derail there.
Mr_Howl
spyed wrote:

Well of course he has paid less taxes than me, he hasn't had a REAL wage earning job in quite sometime. Public service isn't a real wage earning job. Those who work jobs and earn wages, ie: the middle class, have ALWAYS been the ones that support the country through taxes.

Huh? You say it as if he should be paying less taxes. Regressive tax systems generally aren't good for an economy.

Also, in the 50's, the top tax bracket was 90%, not 14% or whatever it is now.

Quote:

To many have gotten the notion in their head they can be rich in their mid lives and do so off of earning a wage. Sure you can, but it's not likely. Real money is made from wise investments. Investments also are what help grow business and create jobs for future generations.

We got that notion because that's what been sold to us as the "American Dream" for over a century. And investments alone don't create jobs or grow businesses. There needs to be demand. You don't start a business just because you have money; you do so because you see an opportunity in the market. And demand is created by consumers with spare dollars, not by a middle class struggling to get by.

Quote:

People want it to 'trickle down' immediately because we are a country of instant gratification.

Immediately? It's been over two decades...

Quote:

We want to tax the rich more because they have planned out a good retirement plan and made wise investments. Yet we forget they aren't receiving social security and medicare benefits that they have paid into all their lives while working to get where they are.

"You know what it takes to earn a small fortune on Wall Street? A small fortune." To get to the top 1% it takes a bit more than just "wise investments."

And the rich don't need social security or medicare--that's one of the perks of being rich.
appsapps
Romney's refusal to release his tax returns may have nothing to do with the taxes he did or didn't pay.

The idea that Romney may have committed voter fraud and the address used on his tax returns could prove it, is still a real possibility, too.

We won't know why he is hiding them unless/until he actually releases them, which doesn't seem like he is ever going to do.
LxGoodies
ocalhoun wrote:
LxGoodies wrote:

What's wrong

Lx

Way to derail there.

What do you mean with to derail ? Would you please translate that for me ? as I said, I'm just a primitive Dutch communist.

Lx Very Happy
codemaster
Where is the america that we used to have. Where people didn't try to harm the country and people had sense enough to know when there is a cheat like mit romney. Ombama is goo president with morals. Romney he does not stand a chance against obama.
ocalhoun
codemaster wrote:
Where is the america that we used to have.

It was sold to corporate interests in exchange for campaign funding.

Mr_Howl wrote:

Also, in the 50's, the top tax bracket was 90%, not 14% or whatever it is now.

Your lack of kowledge about current maximum tax rates doesn't do much for your credibility.
Do your research next time: the current maximum tax rate is in the mid 30's.
LxGoodies wrote:

What do you mean with to derail ? Would you please translate that for me ? as I said, I'm just a primitive Dutch communist.

Lx Very Happy

By derail, I mean you're taking a thread about Romney and trying to turn it into a thread about Obamacare.
Mr_Howl
ocalhoun wrote:

Your lack of kowledge about current maximum tax rates doesn't do much for your credibility.
Do your research next time: the current maximum tax rate is in the mid 30's.

I was basing it off the 13.9% tax rate that Mitt Romney pays, and assumed that he was rich enough to be in the highest bracket.
VaderX
The D.N.C will give Obama the ability to dust Mit Romney who doesn't pay full taxes like the rest of us. I have to admit that D.N.C brought something unexpected. They have powerful speakers and Obama blows the roof off the place. I personally think we will have Barack Obama for 4 more years. He is a great leader and nice man. Mitt Romney should just give up on it and save himself the embarrassment of losing. With Obama I believe America will have all it's glory and wealth back. Just bring back the troops , stop lending Money out of the US and everything will be fixed. If I was President then I'd know that'd be the right decision. I know Obama will do the right thing. So, Let God bless Obama and let God bless America.
ocalhoun
VaderX wrote:
Just bring back the troops , stop lending Money out of the US and everything will be fixed.

Right... because isolationism will fix everything.
Luckily, agreeing with that is not one of Obama's problems.

I will disagree with you about Obama's greatness though. He's not a great leader, he's a run-of-the-mill, hum-drum, politics as usual, average leader -- leading at a time when we need a great leader.

(Not that Romney's any better -- He's a downright bad leader, I suspect.)
RosenCruz
Would be a bad choice for america if elected. Romney looks like a default politician. Liar..
handfleisch
The latest Romney news is that he says he will keep the word "God" on US money if he's elected. But no one is proposing removing it; it's a concern of conspiracy theorists. This is Romney's idea of important issues to discuss?

Then there's his wife, going on the news yesterday to admit "we have not had a financial struggle in our lives" (an understatement), just a few days after her big convention speech to the nation where she tried to pretend the Romneys had struggled with a story about their little basement apartment with an ironing board for a dining table. I would respect them more if they just were honest about being born on third base and didn't pretend to be regular working people.

This weekend Romney repeated his platform of selfishness as a virtue: "Im not in this race to slow the rise of the oceans or to heal the planet. Im in this race to help the American people. Translation: Who cares about the environment, about pollution, about anybody else. Money is first and last, nothing else really matters.
ocalhoun
handfleisch wrote:
The latest Romney news is that he says he will keep the word "God" on US money if he's elected. But no one is proposing removing it; it's a concern of conspiracy theorists. This is Romney's idea of important issues to discuss?

No.
That is Romney's campaign manager's idea of issues to discuss that will garner votes from the religious crowd without overly offending anyone else. (After all, who could really be offended at someone saying 'keep it the way it is'?)

I'm pretty convinced that the man has no actual stance on any issues -- that he only takes the stances that his campaign staff and corporate friends tell him to.
Quote:

This weekend Romney repeated his platform of selfishness as a virtue: "Im not in this race to slow the rise of the oceans or to heal the planet. Im in this race to help the American people. Translation: Who cares about the environment, about pollution, about anybody else. Money is first and last, nothing else really matters.

That's quite a twist of the quote there.

A president's responsibility is to the people after all... and I do agree that rising oceans are not the most urgent problem to those people right now.

Not that I think he's being virtuous there. I think an accurate translation would be: screw the environment, do what's best for the people (in the short term).
...And at any rate, I'm quite sure he's lying about the 'best for the people' part... unless you're talking about a very small, very specific group of people.

I'm all for the Romney-bashing, but there's no need to get carried away and twist the meaning of quotes. There are plenty of legitimate issues to be raised.
handfleisch
ocalhoun wrote:
handfleisch wrote:

No.
That is Romney's campaign manager's idea of issues to discuss that will garner votes from the religious crowd without overly offending anyone else. (After all, who could really be offended at someone saying 'keep it the way it is'?)

I'm pretty convinced that the man has no actual stance on any issues -- that he only takes the stances that his campaign staff and corporate friends tell him to.
Quote:

That's quite a twist of the quote there.

A president's responsibility is to the people after all... and I do agree that rising oceans are not the most urgent problem to those people right now.

Not that I think he's being virtuous there. I think an accurate translation would be: screw the environment, do what's best for the people (in the short term).
...And at any rate, I'm quite sure he's lying about the 'best for the people' part... unless you're talking about a very small, very specific group of people.

I'm all for the Romney-bashing, but there's no need to get carried away and twist the meaning of quotes. There are plenty of legitimate issues to be raised.

I think we are both interpreting his words. I think we can agree that he is dismissing the importance of expending time and effort to combat global warming and pollution. I am saying this plays into the selfish instincts of people, especially the rich and privileged who the GOP represents.