FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Some of the sickest people





VaderX
Today in the modern society, There are the sickest people and not the kinds of people you'd expect. They come in the form of professionals like : Teachers , Preachers , Moms , Dads and more. Now is just sick because these people we normally put our trust in to. But, it seems as if we can't trust some of them anymore.I hate to see that this is what we've fallen to but this is what we've fallen to.
Ankhanu
What makes you think anything has changed? Were there not "sick" people in these positions in the past?
I really don't think there's been any shift in the proclivities of people in general, but I think there's be a bit of a cultural shift away from blind acceptance of authority, leading victims to speak up more readily.
deanhills
I can't help agree with VaderX. The more educated society is getting, the more subtle its "sickness". People have become much more savvy at manipulating one another. People have also become much more bored than they have been originally with not every one having to fight for surviving basic needs such as food and shelter. They have plenty of time available to plot and plan their sick actions. Children have parents who are work most of the day and spend time in front of TV watching shows that educate them on sickness in people. Guess that is where the shooting incidents at school also started in the first place. Lots of boredom and a fantasy life that has moved in the direction of sickness.
VaderX
deanhills wrote:
I can't help agree with VaderX. The more educated society is getting, the more subtle its "sickness". People have become much more savvy at manipulating one another. People have also become much more bored than they have been originally with not every one having to fight for surviving basic needs such as food and shelter. They have plenty of time available to plot and plan their sick actions. Children have parents who are work most of the day and spend time in front of TV watching shows that educate them on sickness in people. Guess that is where the shooting incidents at school also started in the first place. Lots of boredom and a fantasy life that has moved in the direction of sickness.


Back in the day there wasn't any much of this where the shoots and stuff happens
coolclay
I feel like there may be more societal issues due to all the modern stresses and other issues that I could talk about for days! But at the same time it could just be an apparition of the media, and our much more "interconnected" society. It's really hard to say.
codemaster
Wrestling coach just recently accused of molestation. God why do people have to be so sick. They have no reasons if you want to be a pervert go on a dating show like excused. But things like molesting kids and stuff isn't right. The people who it has effect on may be scared for life and it makes me feel sad that it may be the case.We need stricter laws to makes sure kids wont be able to commit crimes at all and laws that'll make sure adults are less sick. That'll solve all of this mess and stuff.I hate the america we have today.
Ankhanu
codemaster wrote:
Wrestling coach just recently accused of molestation. God why do people have to be so sick. They have no reasons if you want to be a pervert go on a dating show like excused. But things like molesting kids and stuff isn't right. The people who it has effect on may be scared for life and it makes me feel sad that it may be the case.We need stricter laws to makes sure kids wont be able to commit crimes at all and laws that'll make sure adults are less sick. That'll solve all of this mess and stuff.I hate the america we have today.


Thing is, laws don't change who people are, they just change what they get charged with, and how strictly they're punished. Molestation is one of the areas where punishment is pretty severe already... doesn't stop people from trying to get away with it, though.
codemaster
Ankhanu wrote:
codemaster wrote:
Wrestling coach just recently accused of molestation. God why do people have to be so sick. They have no reasons if you want to be a pervert go on a dating show like excused. But things like molesting kids and stuff isn't right. The people who it has effect on may be scared for life and it makes me feel sad that it may be the case.We need stricter laws to makes sure kids wont be able to commit crimes at all and laws that'll make sure adults are less sick. That'll solve all of this mess and stuff.I hate the america we have today.


Thing is, laws don't change who people are, they just change what they get charged with, and how strictly they're punished. Molestation is one of the areas where punishment is pretty severe already... doesn't stop people from trying to get away with it, though.


Well something needs to be done. I sick and tired of all this sick stuff going on. Somebody really need to stop this. Then people with college educations are doing these types of crimes and it's not acceptable. If people would work together and never commit crimes this world would be a perfect place. That's what I say.
crystalkey
The sickness has always been among us. Due to the internet, mass media, and instant communication, we just now are finding out about the extent that sick behavior goes. It came to the U.S., went west, etc.

All societies are affected ...
codemaster
crystalkey wrote:
The sickness has always been among us. Due to the internet, mass media, and instant communication, we just now are finding out about the extent that sick behavior goes. It came to the U.S., went west, etc.

All societies are affected ...


We don't blame internet. People do these actions on their own. They have common sense but they just need to use it. There is no excuse for the sick behavior.The internet should have less inappropriate content so people won't be able to look at stuff do copy any actions. Then there are video games which has violent actions in it. So there is no excuses but there are influences like so. We need to look out for stuff like that. If people actually monitor what their kids are doing I bet these kids and teens would stay in a child's place.
Ankhanu
codemaster wrote:
Well something needs to be done. I sick and tired of all this sick stuff going on. Somebody really need to stop this. Then people with college educations are doing these types of crimes and it's not acceptable. If people would work together and never commit crimes this world would be a perfect place. That's what I say.

Yeah, it would be nice, wouldn't it. I think it's entirely a pipe dream, though... it would require subversion of very natures.

codemaster wrote:
We don't blame internet. People do these actions on their own. They have common sense but they just need to use it. There is no excuse for the sick behavior.The internet should have less inappropriate content so people won't be able to look at stuff do copy any actions. Then there are video games which has violent actions in it. So there is no excuses but there are influences like so. We need to look out for stuff like that. If people actually monitor what their kids are doing I bet these kids and teens would stay in a child's place.

No, no, the internet is not to blame; what we're saying (myself, coolclay, crystalkey), is that media, including the internet, INFORMS us that these events are occurring. It's not that they occur more than before, but that we're better informed of them occurring.
codemaster
Ankhanu wrote:
codemaster wrote:
Well something needs to be done. I sick and tired of all this sick stuff going on. Somebody really need to stop this. Then people with college educations are doing these types of crimes and it's not acceptable. If people would work together and never commit crimes this world would be a perfect place. That's what I say.

Yeah, it would be nice, wouldn't it. I think it's entirely a pipe dream, though... it would require subversion of very natures.

codemaster wrote:
We don't blame internet. People do these actions on their own. They have common sense but they just need to use it. There is no excuse for the sick behavior.The internet should have less inappropriate content so people won't be able to look at stuff do copy any actions. Then there are video games which has violent actions in it. So there is no excuses but there are influences like so. We need to look out for stuff like that. If people actually monitor what their kids are doing I bet these kids and teens would stay in a child's place.

No, no, the internet is not to blame; what we're saying (myself, coolclay, crystalkey), is that media, including the internet, INFORMS us that these events are occurring. It's not that they occur more than before, but that we're better informed of them occurring.


We need security at schools and police on blocks and stuff. I don't want this going on any longer but it seems like people really need to step up. It's not okay for these kids to be doing stuff they doing. It's wrong I'd spank'em for their criminal behavior.
c'tair
People were always sick. It's just not documented as good as it is since we live in a surveillance society.

You can look back 200 years and you'll find Marquis de Sade. Look back 500 years ago and you'll see how Europeans slaughtered native Americans and I can go on and on... and those are just the documented things, plus don't think that other cultures were any less violent.

This sickness is in each and every human being, it just depends if they are decent enough to stop it.
deanhills
I still don't agree. Society was much more introverted during previous centuries. People were less into the psychological mumbo jumbo than today where people feel they are licensed to act out when they do because their parents did not nurture them properly or they received some or other shock or had bad teachers, etc etc etc. Sort of goes with the whole thing of democracy and freedom of speech which people did not have as much off earlier on, not only politically but culturally as well. Divorce was taboo in the fifties for example and even talking about divorce and scandals associated with divorce were done in hushed tones. I think the more liberty we get to say anything we like including swearing and acting out in public, the more sick we are becoming. The pretense of not being sick, which is essentially what we had during the previous century when people acted with stiff upper lips when they were going through personal dramas, kept them less sick than being allowed to give in completely and society giving the person freedom to act in much less inhibited ways than in the past.
Ankhanu
Past repression and cultures that suppress victims from speaking out do NOT mean that people were not involved in horrible mind games and perverse behaviours. Less publicity in the past doesn't mean that terrible things weren't happening behind closed doors... or, as you said, only spoken about in hushed tones. History is full of people with various perversions, and their attrocities were quite great when they actually made the history books. I see no reason to think that human depravity is on the increase; but our awareness of it, day to day, is greater. Private sickness behind closed doors is still sickness... exposure is not required to validate an act as improper.
sonam
Quote:
This sickness is in each and every human being, it just depends if they are decent enough to stop it.


I can agree with this definition. Even more, today is double (maybe triple) more people on earth then before few hundred years. More peoples, more violent, more information's. All together give us very bad image of this world. There are too much frustration with sex, job, school, children, etc., etc. Human mind is not enough strong to control all this frustrations and the sickness is result of it.

But like c'tair nice point out, the sickness exist before but we haven't enough information's about it. Responsibility of some sick people are out of control (kings, church man, princes, princesses, dictators, etc.). In this time, low is in their hand and they are not get any liability for their actions. Their children, their neighbor, niece, or any other is not save from their sickness.


Sonam

P.S.
I must type faster next time. Two posts before I finish mine. Shocked
deanhills
sonam wrote:
But like c'tair nice point out, the sickness exist before but we haven't enough information's about it. Responsibility of some sick people are out of control (kings, church man, princes, princesses, dictators, etc.). In this time, low is in their hand and they are not get any liability for their actions. Their children, their neighbor, niece, or any other is not save from their sickness.
I don't think there is any doubt that there have been really sick people before. Think the point the OP was trying to make is that there is more sickness than before. I like your point about there being many more people on the earth than before. Particularly much denser populations in the very big city areas. That would probably also contribute to greater number of sick people, not only mentally but physically too, and sometimes there is a link between the two too.
Ankhanu
So, you like the point of their being more people... Can you see how this (integrated with greater local and global communication systems, and a western move towards allowing victims to speak out without being shamed/punished) relates to rates of depravity being similar, or even LESS than in the past, and yet we might see it more?

A singular incident these days gets portrayed as an epidemic, leading to people seeing them as widespread, mass problems. Modern mass shootings ARE an interesting phenomenon, sociologically, psychologically and in terms of justice, and they are (AFAIK) a fairly recent sort of attrocity... but they are quite rare; large scale, horrific, but rare. Other "sick" actions, such as sexual predation and rape, physical and mental abuse, scheming, etc. have ALWAYS been an aspect of human society, and are even aspects of other animal societies.



I fine analogue is the perception of general human violence and occurrence of war; based on media and other means of conveying information amongst people, there is the perception that the modern world is also more violent than in the past, but, that is perception rather than reality. Society at large is far more peaceful today than in centuries past, despite the well documented and communicated strife of the day. (For references, check the various papers and talks by Stephen Pinker and others) Similarly, I'm repeating myself here, it is likely that rates of depravity or "sickness", are similar or less than in centuries past, but our perception of incidence is greater.
catscratches
codemaster wrote:
Wrestling coach just recently accused of molestation. God why do people have to be so sick.
Err... I don't know anything about this particular case but it quite bothers me how as soon as it concerns children or sex an 'accused' seems to turn into a 'convicted' in the public eye. People seem to be incredibly fast to judge before any kind of guilt has been confirmed. It's as if 'guilty until proven innocent'. Heck, people seem to keep judging even after the person's been deemed innocent.
nickfyoung
Sort of reminds me of the old guy who had been shopping with is grand kids. When they got home he was remeniscing of the days when he went shopping as a youngster.

He said, " My mum would sent me to the shops with one dollar and I would come home with milk, bread, butter and some candy. You sure can't do it today. Too many damn security cameras around."

I was reading that a high percentage of Aborigional children have some form of venerial desiese by the time they are ten from being raped. Australia has just been through the big apology for the 'stolen generation' when the kids were taken off Aborigional families in the old days. That was probably for much the same reason. The government has what they call the intervention to try and have more control over Aborigional lifestyle to protect the kids.
deanhills
catscratches wrote:
Heck, people seem to keep judging even after the person's been deemed innocent.
Right. Like the old witch burning days. The basics are still the same. But probably because there are more people around and they have plenty of freedom of speech more vocal about it.
loveandormoney
VaderX wrote:
Today in the modern society, There are the sickest people and not the kinds of people you'd expect. They come in the form of professionals like : Teachers , Preachers , Moms , Dads and more. Now is just sick because these people we normally put our trust in to. But, it seems as if we can't trust some of them anymore.I hate to see that this is what we've fallen to but this is what we've fallen to.


What is Your definition of sick?
Hurting Yourself or hurting other people?
playfungames
Trust me when I say that there might be sick people or bad people or whatever but there are good people as well. That is why I believe that humanity has been surviving for this long.
loveandormoney
How do You regognize
bad people
or
good people.

I started a thread here in the forum:

Are there bad people.
You can read there very interesting answers.

Regards
zaxacongrejo
watch this please here is your answer

loveandormoney
Is this a flash video, because I cannot see You post?
Can You write the URL, then I can download the side with a page like getvids.

Regards and thank You.
deanhills
loveandormoney wrote:
Is this a flash video, because I cannot see You post?
Can You write the URL, then I can download the side with a page like getvids.

Regards and thank You.
It's a YouTube Video loveandormoney. This is the URL for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vDGrfhJH1P4

Heading for the show if you want to Google it is:
Cannes Lion Award-Winning "Three Little Pigs advert"
loveandormoney
Are the pigs ironic or serious?

Thank You for help.
I did download and then watch with vlc.
deanhills
loveandormoney wrote:
Are the pigs ironic or serious?

Thank You for help.
I did download and then watch with vlc.
Probably ironic. Have you read the story of Animal Farm by George Orwell?
loveandormoney
Sorry.

Animal Farm is serious and it is not ironic.
Also "1984" is real and it is not ironic.

The books are much better then the movies.

You did not read it
it is a pleasure to read these two books.

Regards and Thank You.
zaxacongrejo
The video its a mix of the pigs book with our actual society
manfer
Ankhanu wrote:
I fine analogue is the perception of general human violence and occurrence of war; based on media and other means of conveying information amongst people, there is the perception that the modern world is also more violent than in the past, but, that is perception rather than reality. Society at large is far more peaceful today than in centuries past, despite the well documented and communicated strife of the day. (For references, check the various papers and talks by Stephen Pinker and others) Similarly, I'm repeating myself here, it is likely that rates of depravity or "sickness", are similar or less than in centuries past, but our perception of incidence is greater.


I'm not really sure about this. Lately the education on violence has grown a lot.

As far as I know in the past people had it very difficult to kill other even in war. Studies has been made in war -in 2nd world wide war if not wrong-, that showed only a very little percentage of the shooting was actually made against the enemy, because, no matter if because of all the manipulation of media (movies included) we think it was easy for a person, for a soldier to kill another human, it wasn't easy at all.

But because of that study soldiers have been educated specially on violence to improve their productivity, now soldiers shoot to death without any problem. Besides in war there are weapons today that put the killer very far from the kill event so it is easy for them to do it.

Sickness has existed always but It was not so easy for people to break that barrier of killing another human.

Now with all sort of media, movies, tv series (showing a serial killer as a hero for example), news (most of the times the crude reality is the worst teacher), games (bloody shooters, etc...), ..., that shows kill, blood, etc..., in a way that seems to be a joy for people's eyes, showing blood in slow motion or 3D, I'm not so sure that is not making a lot more people seeing the kill event as something not so disgusting as it would be if those people were not bombed with all those violence images.

So probably there is no more or less violence or occurrence of war, though anyway we should expect society to had evolved to no war at all. So being still the same that in past is to be really worried about humans not doing things correctly and remaining mad forever.
loveandormoney
zaxacongrejo wrote:
The video its a mix of the pigs book with our actual society


So I prefer the pure Orwell.
It is more easy to understand.
RoylanM
Sick people are just getting worse each day. I mean 2 girls were shot within 2012-13 who were completely innocent. Then kid where shot at that Elementary School down in Illinois. See the world will never improve unless 1. The no snitching rule is broken between kids 2. People speak up about what they see. The main problem why we can't make things any less sicker than it already is nobody speaks up. The schools are doing a little but a little is not enough. We need to go back to the old days where kids were told to be in the house when the street lights came on. Back in those days if you did something bad you'd be spanked no matter if you were a teen or a kid. I miss those days because now parents have little or no control over their kids and their actions.
TheGremlyn
catscratches wrote:
codemaster wrote:
Wrestling coach just recently accused of molestation. God why do people have to be so sick.
Err... I don't know anything about this particular case but it quite bothers me how as soon as it concerns children or sex an 'accused' seems to turn into a 'convicted' in the public eye. People seem to be incredibly fast to judge before any kind of guilt has been confirmed. It's as if 'guilty until proven innocent'. Heck, people seem to keep judging even after the person's been deemed innocent.


I don't think the verdict is called "innocent" but rather an "acquittal" and to some people this just means there was not enough evidence to make a charge stick. So people are still inclined to think the person is still guilty but there is nothing that can be done about it. In the courts the prosecutor try to prove someone is guilty by presenting their case and evidence while the defense pokes holes in it to create reasonable doubt. It's always "we're going to try and prove you're guilty" and by the end of it the jury isn't thinking "but this evidence proves they're innocent" they're thinking "the evidence isn't strong enough to prove they're guilty" so they have no choice but to let the person go.

It's all fine and well when the person is actually innocent and they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It just makes life a little difficult because everyone around them and anyone who read the news about it will know that they were charged with some terrible crime. What sucks is when new evidence comes to light some time later and really drives the stake home but by then it's too late and you can't charge the person with the same crime a second time.

As for the whole 'sick' people topic. I think media and our connectivity to the world around us has, indeed, made us more aware of the issues. We're not stuck in our little town where we might only heard of what happens in neighboring towns, we heard about issues all over the world. It does make it seem like there are a lot of sick people but that's only compared to what we thought we had with we were a little more isolated.

I would say that there are probably newer and more environmental or societal influences that might be encouraging the 'sick' behavior. When my parents were growing up or when their parents were growing up it was probably more normal and acceptable to have your parents discipline them (whether they used a leather belt or a stick, etc). Today, such things are frowned up to an extreme degree so it can become harder for a parent to control their child. I was only chased with a wooden spoon once and my dad only swatted at my butt once while I ran up the stairs (practically on all fours) but it was that fear of being hurt that made me behave. Parents don't exactly have that edge anymore because you'll have the child or the neighbors crying out about child abuse and I think that allows the child to act out more, to deviate from the norm. How is a parent supposed to control their child when strong words fail them? When revoking their TV or internet privileges has no effect? You can't forcibly confine someone since that's illegal. There's nothing to stop the file from flipping the bird and walking out the door and getting in with a rough crowd because they want to rebel against their parents. Suddenly the child is off robbing stores or beating someone up because they looked at them the wrong way, or they've beat someone so bad the person died.

It's all very scary and I can understand why my dad is nervous about my walking home from work at night. You never know what kind of person is out there and you have to be watchful of everyone you come by. They can be well dressed and respectable looking, or they can be normal looking or they can look like they sleep on the street.
deanhills
TheGremlyn wrote:

I would say that there are probably newer and more environmental or societal influences that might be encouraging the 'sick' behavior. When my parents were growing up or when their parents were growing up it was probably more normal and acceptable to have your parents discipline them (whether they used a leather belt or a stick, etc). Today, such things are frowned up to an extreme degree so it can become harder for a parent to control their child. I was only chased with a wooden spoon once and my dad only swatted at my butt once while I ran up the stairs (practically on all fours) but it was that fear of being hurt that made me behave. Parents don't exactly have that edge anymore because you'll have the child or the neighbors crying out about child abuse and I think that allows the child to act out more, to deviate from the norm. How is a parent supposed to control their child when strong words fail them? When revoking their TV or internet privileges has no effect? You can't forcibly confine someone since that's illegal. There's nothing to stop the file from flipping the bird and walking out the door and getting in with a rough crowd because they want to rebel against their parents. Suddenly the child is off robbing stores or beating someone up because they looked at them the wrong way, or they've beat someone so bad the person died.
I don't completely agree TG. I think people are the same as they have always been. What has changed however in a big way is the media and tools for spreading stories, especially during the age of electronics. To make the media sell, people are making things a million times worse by intentionally portraying the dramatic parts of an event and having huge discussions in forums all over the Web. Decades ago people tended to hush things up more, and quite a number of issues were regarded sacrosanct for public discussion. Taboo subjects are more openly discussed than before. The horrors have always been there and probably will continue for as long as people are around.
catscratches
TheGremlyn wrote:
catscratches wrote:
codemaster wrote:
Wrestling coach just recently accused of molestation. God why do people have to be so sick.
Err... I don't know anything about this particular case but it quite bothers me how as soon as it concerns children or sex an 'accused' seems to turn into a 'convicted' in the public eye. People seem to be incredibly fast to judge before any kind of guilt has been confirmed. It's as if 'guilty until proven innocent'. Heck, people seem to keep judging even after the person's been deemed innocent.


I don't think the verdict is called "innocent" but rather an "acquittal"
You're quite right. I expressed myself rather poorly. One does not get "proven innocent".

Then there's of course the other side as well, wherein rape victims get accused of lying or of false charges because "ooh, he would never do that", which is perhaps even more horrific. It is important to keep in mind that an acquital does indeed not mean innocence and that even if the person is innocent (which we'll never know) it still doesn't mean the victim was lying or that the crime never took place, just that that particular person didn't do it. It's important to be able to admit that we just don't know and try not to judge based on something we don't even know is true.
jajarvin
Sickness is a form of ill-health.
Without health there is no sickness - And vice versa.
Related topics
Football thread
my favorite band
Pc Powerplay
Fort Minor
Who do you think the best live performer is?
i love techno
Tupac anybody??
The best graphic ever?
mom gives daughter to boyfriend
The 25 Most Controversial Movies Ever
I got stuck working at Burger King
Streaming radio stations...
:: whats your favorite lyrics ::
SICK!!!A Smart with a Suzuki GSXR1000 engine!(around 170bhp)
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.