FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problems with Mysql

Blummer
Got two domains on one hosting. A few minutes ago checked them and both said

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Tried to refresh. It took a bit long and then the page finally opened. But after clicking some links got the same error. Must be something with mysql... Confused
johans
Blummer wrote:
Got two domains on one hosting. A few minutes ago checked them and both said

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Tried to refresh. It took a bit long and then the page finally opened. But after clicking some links got the same error. Must be something with mysql... Confused

I experience the same issue.
Iceaxe0410
I'm getting this error right now:

"SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists."

I can get my forum to load up if I keep refreshing, but the same message pops up continuously. Is there anything I can do from my end?

http://www.unofficialea.frihost.org/forum/phpBB3

I know it's not the number of users since I only have 1-3 users at any given time.
GuidanceReader
I just came to ask about the same thing.... So it's not just me... I'll live until it's fixed then Smile
Josso
http://fh.info.tm/

sure it'll be sorted soon
Dementei
Hope it comes back up soon, got plenty of wordpress sites that are offline from that.
Bondings
I'm sorry for the problems, it should be working again now. There was a runaway website problem that caused the server itself requests tons of pages a second. Once I suspended the account, the server load got back to normal levels (from 70+).
Iceaxe0410
I'm glad it's fixed. Very Happy I was a bit nervous that it was a problem on my forum itself. On the plus side, I learned a lot about 1040 errors. I spent hours trying to find out what was causing it until I figured it was a problem on the server that I had no control over. I'm still learning the basics of running a forum, but at least I got something out of it. Thanks!
Blummer
Thank you for this fix! Dancing
VaderX
Looks like we can count on the administrator to get the job done. I'm glad to see that there is someone who is giving support and help.
Dementei
Bondings is the bomb Wink
crystalkey
I'm glad that got fixed. I was upgrading my software and noticed the 'too many connections' error from MySQL and initially thought that my forums with their 6 users were overloading Frihost! Smile
pauline123
It is good to know that the Staff and Bondings are on top of situations like this. This would have been terrible for a lot of people if it had not been caught and fixed. Thanks to the Staff for fixing this as quickly as it was.
zimmer
Bondings wrote:
I'm sorry for the problems, it should be working again now. There was a runaway website problem that caused the server itself requests tons of pages a second. Once I suspended the account, the server load got back to normal levels (from 70+).

Thank you bondings.

I guess this subject should be closed to avoid confusions from past and future issues..