By my count - with the Mars robot Curiosity - the US now has four successful robots operating on the planet Mars. I think this raises some interesting questions. Will human explorers on future cosmic expeditions attempt to dice up the universe the way early earthly missions did here? At what point can a human land claim be made on another body in our solar system ... or even beyond? Ignoring the obvious practicalities and limitations, what do you think?
1. Should an extraterrestrial claim be based only on robotic landings or must humans land on a planet or it's moons?
2. Could the US claim the entire moon as their own?
3. Can private claims be made?
4. Can government claims be made?
5. Can a claim be made for the entire planet, or just portions?
6. Have any (Earthly) international agreements been made about such 'land' claims?
7. Will there be planetary wars or "Star Wars'?