FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

best beach reading

TurtleShell
I'm in the middle of this series by Dennis Lehane. It's about a private investigator named Patrick Kenzie. Can't put the books down! They're so fun--I recommend them highly for beach reading. ANyone have any recommendations for some light summer reading?
dude_xyx
If you like romantic comedy genre then try British Chick lit novels. These books and fun to read, witty and have happy endings. You can close the book with a happy feeling like you have been part of the story. Few good chick litt authors,

1) Jane Green. ( The Beach House )
2) Jill Mansell ( The One You Really Want )
3) Sophie Kinsella ( Shopaholic Takes Manhattan )
4) Jenny Colgan ( Talking to Addison )
5) Liz Young ( Making Mischief )
TurtleShell
Ah, british chick lit:) Have not read much of it myself but my partner likes the bridget jones series.
TurtleShell
haha, I was scanning through the titles and I saw this thread and thought, "oohh, a great title about the best beach reading...I must post info about that great Dennis Lehane series!" and I opened it and lo and behold... I was the one who started this thread to begin with, and I did it so I could talk about that Dennis Lehane series. I guess I'm really predictable.
Abab
dude_xyx wrote:
If you like romantic comedy genre then try British Chick lit novels. These books and fun to read, witty and have happy endings. You can close the book with a happy feeling like you have been part of the story. Few good chick litt authors,

1) Jane Green. ( The Beach House )
2) Jill Mansell ( The One You Really Want )
3) Sophie Kinsella ( Shopaholic Takes Manhattan )
4) Jenny Colgan ( Talking to Addison )
5) Liz Young ( Making Mischief )

I loved the Shopaholic series, although I think the first one (Confessions of a Shopaholic) was the funniest. I might try some of the other titles, thanks.
jajarvin
TurtleShell wrote:
ANyone have any recommendations for some light summer reading?

Here my beach reading:

• Dashiell Hammet : The Thin Man
  • Hans Hellmut Kirs: Brothers in Arms