FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Earn some coins fast by joining Frihost IRC!

Ghost Rider103
I'm giving away 20 coins to the first 10 people that join the Frihost IRC channel.

When you join, please make sure your IRC nick is set to the same as your Frihost username. (type /nick username to change your nick in IRC).

Come in and say hi and you'll get some coins!

If you're not sure how IRC works or what it even is, please go here for details on how to get into the IRC channel: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-12060.html very detailed instructions on how to get in.

For those of you aware of IRC, simply go to dal.net and join #frihost.

It's pretty simple really if you want to get involved in the IRC channel. The easiest way in my opinion is to have a IRC client installed on your computer. I myself use www.mirc.com it's free. Pretty self-explanatory from there. After you set your nick and all that, just type /server irc.dal.net

Once connected, type /nick username to assure your nick is set correctly. After that, just type /join #frihost and you're in!

Hope to see you guys there. Let me know if you have any questions.

List of people who have earned coins:
1.pauline123
2.Josso
3.Peterssidan
4.ghanster

Please note I may allow more than 5 people to qualify for earning coins.

So keep joining on in, I'm very generous. Very Happy

Edit: I'm now allowing up to 10 people to win the coins.
pauline123
I had completely forgotten about the IRC channels. I have logged in now. Perhaps I will remember this one for some time to come. Perhaps this will even get me to log into some of the other IRC channels that belong to other communities I try to stay active within. Or perhaps, this will beget me only one more failure at IRC. Who knows? In either case this post is a good idea to bring the IRC cannel back to the forefront of some people's minds, like mine!
Ankhanu
Nice.
I guess you won't need long term logging stats like I did for my IRC competition Smile
Ghost Rider103
pauline123 wrote:
I had completely forgotten about the IRC channels. I have logged in now. Perhaps I will remember this one for some time to come. Perhaps this will even get me to log into some of the other IRC channels that belong to other communities I try to stay active within. Or perhaps, this will beget me only one more failure at IRC. Who knows? In either case this post is a good idea to bring the IRC cannel back to the forefront of some people's minds, like mine!

Thanks for popping in! I really started this to hopefully help raise some more awareness about the Frihost IRC.

Was good to see different people in there, I've given you your prize, hope to see you in there more often as well. Very Happy

I see a user named Axioo joined in while I was AFK, not sure if that was for a competition, but I couldn't find a user by the name of that here on Frihost.

Again if you join the IRC channel for the contest, please join using your Frihost IRC username and give me a post here so I can send you some coins.

Hope to see more people joining in. I'm still giving out coins.
Josso
Joined again it's a good idea for getting it more active. If more people start coming I'll be around a lot more
Ghost Rider103
Everyone has been given their coins.

Also sent Peterssidan some coins for joining in as well. Though he has always kind of been in and out of IRC, I'm not going to count him for the 5 people that join in the channel.

I might continue to give coins past 5 users that join, we will see.

So far the extra activity in the IRC is quite nice. Hope to see more people joining in soon.
ghanster
I joined! Will I get the 20 coins as promised? or What next? Question Arrow

username "ghanster_"
Ghost Rider103
Thanks for joining, 20 coins sent your way!

Would be great to see you in there more often now as well. Like I mentioned in a PM, I was thinking of doing some mini contests for coins for the people that are in the IRC.
ghanster
That would be great! We are ready! Thanks anyways, for the points. Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
Quote:
We are ready!

There would first need to be more users in the IRC. Currently, it's us same 4-5 users going into the IRC that have been for years.

Once in a great while someone new will pop in. Though I can't do any mini contests with the IRC users if it's just us 4 sitting in the IRC. If we can get a good 5-10 new people, I'll gladly run a few mini contests for the users. Smile
Krujitos
I Joined, Nobody is there, I'm new Here... ( Sorry for my English )
ghanster
Krujitos wrote:
I Joined, Nobody is there, I'm new Here... ( Sorry for my English )

Patience! At times, ghostrider comes online, and at times most of them do! We can all make it live, when we also keep active there.
Ghost Rider103
Sorry about that, you kind of came in at a bad time I wasn't really available at my computer.

Anyways, we hope to see you in there more often, there is usually a little more activity in there.

I've sent some coins your way! Thanks for joining.

Also, I'm going to extend the amount of people that are able to earn coins from this contest. Keep joining and I'll keep giving away coins.
cybersa
Just now i joined.
Username is same as my Frihost account.
Ghost Rider103
Thanks for joining! I sent you two donations. The first one was for 10 coins then I remembered the contest was for 20. So I had to send you two. Sorry about that!
cybersa
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Thanks for joining! I sent you two donations. The first one was for 10 coins then I remembered the contest was for 20. So I had to send you two. Sorry about that!

Got it.
Thanks for the coins.
johans
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I'm giving away 20 coins to the first 10 people that join the Frihost IRC channel.

When you join, please make sure your IRC nick is set to the same as your Frihost username. (type /nick username to change your nick in IRC).

Come in and say hi and you'll get some coins!

If you're not sure how IRC works or what it even is, please go here for details on how to get into the IRC channel: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-12060.html very detailed instructions on how to get in.

For those of you aware of IRC, simply go to dal.net and join #frihost.

It's pretty simple really if you want to get involved in the IRC channel. The easiest way in my opinion is to have a IRC client installed on your computer. I myself use www.mirc.com it's free. Pretty self-explanatory from there. After you set your nick and all that, just type /server irc.dal.net

Once connected, type /nick username to assure your nick is set correctly. After that, just type /join #frihost and you're in!

Hope to see you guys there. Let me know if you have any questions.

List of people who have earned coins:
1.pauline123
2.Josso
3.Peterssidan
4.ghanster

Please note I may allow more than 5 people to qualify for earning coins.

So keep joining on in, I'm very generous. Very Happy

Edit: I'm now allowing up to 10 people to win the coins.

i suggest every time you got online you got coins everyday.. this will not be the long term if it only for the first time we can earn it in posting here at the forum.
lightningleo
well.. i joined the irc..
masterekat
I joined. Very Happy Is the contest still going on?
EpsomSaltsNI
Just joining myself, need as much knowledge as possible.
Ankhanu
EpsomSaltsNI wrote:
Just joining myself, need as much knowledge as possible.

Look forward to seeing you.
Unfortunately, I'm about to go to bed, and the others already have gone... but, do pop in and stick around, say hello, ask some questions. If we don't see it right away, we WILL see it Razz