FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

On-line store

fogoextremo
Hi. I'm starting my own web-store, and i'm trying to use osCommerce, for this. I'm new in this, so first, I want to make just a test page, to see how it works. I'm trying to find a free web host, but most of them do not support MySQL and PHP. Does FriHost suport osCommerce? Will it work on this server?
Is there anything I need to know before I start?
Thanx
mathiaus
Hi,
Frihost is a host that suits all needs you have mentioned. It is free, allows you to use for commercial use and supports both php and mysql!
As a new user you would use direct admin rather than cpanel so wouldnt have access to fantastico. This means you would have to download oscommerce, upload and then install. Other than that your free to go (once you have 5 posts and 10 points!) Very Happy
mrsliickz
there are oscommerce, zencart, and other shopping utilities for commerce control

commerce control
Daniel15
I'd suggest you use a customised version of osCommerce, such as Zen Cart, CRELoaded or osCommerce LoadedAU. These versions are based on osCommerce, but have all of the most popular MODS ('modifications') built in.

P.S Why do you want to set up an online store on a free host? Wouldn't that be classified as taking advantage of a free service?
gonzo
Does FH sell secure CERTs? If not FH is not the host for a serious store.. unless you want to look amateurish and use offsite credit processing
Bondings
gonzo wrote:
Does FH sell secure CERTs? If not FH is not the host for a serious store.. unless you want to look amateurish and use offsite credit processing

I agree, you can use our hosting to try it out, but if you want to make a real online store, then you need to put at least some money into it.

And gonzo, most sites use offsite credit processing and use services like http://www.2checkout.com/ for the processing. Much easier and at least the customer knows you can trust it.