FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you value most in life? Why?

hayley
Give some of your thoughts on this deep philosophical quandry. Here are some of mine:

I would like to say that I value my happiness most in life. I honestly wish that were the case. Over the past year, I have had a significant amount of time to think about why I feel the way I do about the components of my life. In doing so I believe that my family is my most valuable entity. I have never struggled with success issues because the issues were a cause of my happiness. I have never struggled with much of anything because I felt something was aiding or hindering my progress toward a happier life. In my long, tedious hours of reflection I have taken in the past year, I would credit 99% of my stress and energy to pleasing my family. Although my family (and the struggles they so voluntarily give me) stresses me seemingly to no end, I realized that because I continually place myself in situations that are conducive to accepting the “advice” and “encouragement” they give me, they must certainly be of more value to me than my own happiness (they are an obstacle to my happiness so often). I have been working to correct what I feel is a problem. I wish I valued my personal happiness a little more than pleasing a very tiny group of people who value their happiness above pleasing me. I wish I knew the why to my own question a little better.
Simulator
The most important thing in my life is my unborn perfect daughter…
carlokes
The most important thing in my life is my girlfriend which is what makes me wanna live even more !!
RA
my soul
Scott
I love creating things. Making web pages, video games, music, stories. Without the ability to create things my life would be pretty boring.
Slammer
oo, I love philosophical things Smile. I would have to say the thing i most value is the ability to love someone and make them happy. Also to be able to be loved and by happy yourself, which the happiness thing has been hard for me during the last year, but its getting better all the time Smile
tmantaylor18
My reef tank!
mceejaydee
My family, my soul, all my loved ones.
sergio_ykz
My lifestyle and my pride...

It not the best, more it is mine and nobody get it from my...

I am crazy, but I am a good boy, and my image move away peoples that I don't like...

Ah....

I love my tattoos...

makiyo
L O V E

i need LOVE
i find it now & forever
sp_lit
My most valued thing in life...music. Without it I simply couldn't live.
dan751
sergio_ykz wrote:
my image move away peoples that I don't like

No offence, but the woman certainly does, that red liquid on her lips and face creepishly looks like blood.

Anywho, my most valued in life: life itself, love, friends/family, music, fun... The list could go on for a long time. But the ones I mentioned are the ones most worth mentioning.
SuperMonkey
Knowing I am loved and being able to love (at this point neither are there Sad, but oh well I'm sure I will find another person to love and have love me Smile), and also being able to make the people I care about feel happier, I'm not sure why but I always put others before myself, no matter what it is for. It makes me happy Smile especially if i get a smile or a thank you from them.
totalchaos
health is of outmost importance..everything else is secondary
excel
Family..... Period Wink
Che
I'd like to say life itself. Yet, as to while in "life" we live, I love among other things, the power of education.
yoryenathan
i also need love.
i need to be loved
i need someone to care for me
i need to be with someone that knows who i am
i need to be with someone that knows what i am
i need to be with someone that respects those two...
i need - love

TOUCHING ISNT IT??? hehe
Monkeydog
My friends, online and offline.
If it wasn't for them...I don't know...
cnnet
I don't know what I like indeed
maybe I like travle
limcopy
in this world , i think is my parents ; without them who am i ?
criticaldensity
the great outdoors. I Love being outside playing either on my bike or my snowboard. I like seeing lots of green space and trees and hate seeing housing developments, Walmarts, shopping malls. I value the earth the most.
Kashinilaya
What I value most is knowledge. That`s because knowledge is the basis of all creation. Knowledge is light. The verb To Enlighten means accquiring lnowledge. Knowledge is the basis of happiness. That`s the only way, hayley, you will be able to deal with the polarized situation you put yourself in: Your Happiness x Pleasing Your Family. One may not realise that, but the fastest way to get the ability of pleasing others is by being happy and the fastest way of getting happy is by accquiring knowledge (especially spiritual knowledge).
nfuriate
I'd have to say my computer and my friends. Without my computer i'd be bored to hell and without my friends, I don't know what'd happen Crying or Very sad .
SunburnedCactus
If I couldn't boogie all night long, I don't know what I'd do.

Something terrible probably.
meretyping
i think i value routine most in life. that is, routine that i made up myself. i need to have some control over my life.
hayley
Kashinilaya wrote:
Knowledge is the basis of happiness. That`s the only way, hayley, you will be able to deal with the polarized situation you put yourself in: Your Happiness x Pleasing Your Family. One may not realise that, but the fastest way to get the ability of pleasing others is by being happy and the fastest way of getting happy is by accquiring knowledge (especially spiritual knowledge).

I understand this. Aristotle (even though I feel he was an inadequate human being because of the abounding misogyny he exhibited in his lifetime, he got this right) said that the way to a happy life is through contemplation-- to live in a constant state of epiphany. I believe that by understanding that I have a problem I am well on my way to fixing it. Even this week I am getting better. Life is beautiful and wonderful like that. It is very possible that I value my relationship with God more than anything at this point. He/She's been far too giving.
ankhezar
my family. wothout them im nothing more then a grain of sand..
odinstag
My children.

Because in my belief system, they are how I live on after I die. My fame and good deeds will pass on in them as well as my genes. As long as that line is not severed, I live on forever.

So of course my children and their success is very important to me.
johnabraham
my parents, coz they've sacrificed everything they had for me...so i'll do everything and anything in my potential to keep them happy. i'll bleed and sweat my last drop of blood for them if i have to make sure they get whatever they want.
blingbling
" Peace and Happiness " What more wud u need ? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
hahame
my first girlfriend, she still live in my deep heart,i think it will go on for ever
tingkagol
My girlfriend, of course. My friends come to a close second. Then BEER. Laughing just joking. But, yeah, I really like the drunk sensation.
sibbahz
the most important thing in my life is my friends, and my life itself.
[FuN]goku
what i like doing... creating art, things, sites. servers
LemonMan
I value my girl friend in life, with out her, i might be pointless, boring, worthless, and boring Wink Naw im just kidding, but i do value her most in life =P
planet
Life itself (the why is thereby superfluous)
abhinav
life is what i m happy with Laughing Laughing Laughing