FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is this mod backseating?

Da Rossa
I posted this:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-136044.html
on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:54 am, telling a member how to behave in here.
Then I had a glimpse that this could be inappropriate. Is there a problem?
Ghost Rider103
Technically, yes.

It's nothing to worry about though. In fact the post you were replying to is spam/junk anyways. The post had nothing to do with the topic and was just an extremely generic question, probably just posting for points.

The best thing to do to posts like those are to just report it and we'll remove it.

I'm going to go ahead and remove both the postings now. However here is a quote of your post, in case any other staff have anything to say.

Da Rossa wrote:
supriyomondal wrote:
how to impress a girl?

Please, if you're changing the subject, create a new topic for that. Also, don't be so generic. Tell us the circumstances behind your question.

It's a good example of what backseat moderating is, and is also a good example of what spam looks like. So thanks for bringing it up. Smile

You would really only recieve a warning if you are constantly backseat moderating, or if you did such a thing on a more severe basis. Though don't get me wrong, it is certainly possible to receive an AWIT after only doing it once. Some staff may be more strict on backseat moderating. I personally would only issue an AWIT on it if I seen the user doing it more than once. Saying that now though, I may need to be more strict. Razz
Da Rossa
Thanks for your reply, sir! Won't do it again. I'll refrain from telling how to behave and will report only. Smile