You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bolt - Lewis Controversy

Usain Bolt might seem like the most happy-go-lucky guy in the athletics world, but the Jamaican, who cruised to victory in the 200 meters, took some time off from the celebrations to express his disappointment and anger at comments made in the past by former U.S. athlete Carl Lewis.
Lewis had earlier stated his doubts about the drug-testing program in Jamaica, and how that might have helped the tiny country dominate sprinting on the world stage.
Bolt, clearly angered by the doubts created by Lewis, hit out at the American, after he was asked if he would be liked to be compared to the legendary Jesse Owens or Lewis. "I'm going to say something controversial right now," Bolt said. "Carl Lewis, I have no respect for him.
Like Us on Facebook :
"The things he says about the track athletes is really downgrading for another athlete to say something like that. I think he's just looking for attention, really, because nobody really talks much about him.
"That was really sad for me when I heard the other day what he was saying. It was upsetting. I've lost all respect for him. All respect."
Asked which specific comments had caused Bolt to make the comments, the Jamaican said: "It was all about drugs. Talking about drugs. For me, an athlete out of the sport to be saying that, that was really upsetting for me. Really upsetting."
"To jump up and say something like that. As far as I'm concerned he's looking for attention. That's all."
Lewis had raised doubts about Jamaica's drug testing, speaking to Sports Illustrated in 2008, shortly after Bolt won the double in Beijing. "No one is accusing anyone," Lewis said. "But don't live by a different rule and expect the same kind of respect.
"No country has had that kind of dominance. I'm not saying they've done anything for certain. I don't know."
Bolt said it was the hard work and dedication that had turned Jamaican athletes into world beaters. "When people doubt us it's really hard, but we try our best to show the world we're running clean," the 25-year-old said. "We train really hard. Jamaica has proven that we are the greatest sprint country."
After successfully defending his 100 and 200 titles, Bolt admitted he would most probably not go to the Rio Olympics in 2016. "I think I've had my time. In life, anything is possible but that's going to be a hard reach."

I think Bolt have time to be the greatest sprinter ever

he own the 100m y 200m WR and was part in the WR relay 4x100m no one ever did this before

plus the only two consecutive olimpyc titles 100m and 200m.

Maybe the personality of Usain is not for all people, but i think he is natural, not acting role, remember that he was DQ for false start last year and besides that he was joking with the lady help in the final 200m so he is the same-

i cheers for Bolt
Bolt is certainly a legendary athlete and a great player. He is egotistic, but according to me, that's essential in the sport he plays. When you have barely a few seconds to prove your might, you need to be inch perfect in your steps and your confidence needs to be very high, and no doubt shud remain in your mind as to who is the quickest racer on the track.
Agreed. I haven't followed much of the Olympics but it's a coincidence that I actually watched the interview with Lewis. Sort of struck me that he was of a previous generation of gold medalists so probably would not be a great authority on the current Olympics.
Today with other 3 great sprinters set a new WR

the Americans wasnot frustated (i mean the sprinters in the race) the run a time that besides Jamaica was in WR pace