FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's Love All About Anyway

Tiger
I was just wondering what love is all about anyway. I read that in the middle ages, although western women more or less had freedom enough to choose a partner to marry, in many cases marriages were arranged - especially in the upper classes. This had nothing to do with love, and a lot to do with power, wealth and influence.

In the modern world, most people (especially in the West) actually marry for love, or even just live together "for love", and yet there are a staggering number of divorces and unhappy couples around. It seems that couples in more formal or arranged marriages however never get divorced, although there may be some cheating - but not always.

It kind of makes you wonder - what's love all about anyway, and is it worth marryying someone you love? Or is it just better to choose someone who'll be a good companion and parent, whom you can trust and rely on?
gonzo
Tiger wrote:
I was just wondering what love is all about

ALWAYS acting in the best interest of the other. "shacking up to get laid" is NOT all about love. It's about selfishness or outright hedonism.

Quote:
just live together "for love", and yet there are a staggering number of divorces and unhappy couples around.

Gee... I wonder why... wait, no I don't.

Quote:
is it worth marryying someone you love?

Yes. Please don't confuse love and lust or sex and love.
pariskasidiaris
I agree with tiger
pariskasidiaris
Again,
no pain
gonzo
http://RealLove.net
budazz
love is something that has no real definition...the definition is depend on the people feel...love has different meaning..you cant define it in just one word
hayley
budazz wrote:
love is something that has no real definition...the definition is depend on the people feel...love has different meaning..you cant define it in just one word

I think the real issue is that Love is a universal truth, therefore it has a very abstract definition that has the ability to be both widely comprehensible and very personal. Yes, Love is an individual thing uniquely defined by every person, but are there not certain undisputable characteristics of Love?
illini319
love is an evolutionarily selected trait that has successfully allowed our species to preserve its genetics. it is an emotion. Emotion is biochemical, though we still cannot quantify its manifestation.
we live in a society of convenience (as I sit here and punch this out with my laptop on a wireless connection...). Convenience is the goal of nearly every human endeavor. It then follows that when we hit something difficult.. say a relationship... we use the tools that our society gives us to conveniently remove our hardship. love, therefore, is fast becoming a vestigial artifact of our evolutionary heritage.
wistom
i agree with budazz, love is something that has no real definition...
that depend on the feel. i think.
RavenCross
love is such a complex feeling that is very hard to explain.. sometimes words fail and it is easier done than said.. when you love somebody, u begin to think selflessly, sometyms the wrong decisions becomes the ryt one.. u tend to risk everything for that one person.. sometimes u just want to make that person happy even if ur not part of that happiness.. i guess that's wat true love is.. sacrificing one's happiness for the special person..

this is just my opinion.. though there exists many forms of love.. it still depends on how each person defines it.. though it other's may have different views about it but love is still love.. easier done than said..
GiLaD
I saw a movie that tells about arranged couples, and they aren't that perfect as they seem to be. They wash the dirty laundry inside the house [This an expression].
I think that marriage is bad, I preffer to live with my love of my life in the same house and do the same things that married couples do rather than get married and divorce after a couple of days.

Love is a great thing, and remember kids DON'T FORGET TO WEAR A CONDOM WHEN YOU GET LEID (XDDDD).
earthchild
love is the gateway to the universe - if you want to talk about true love (the selfless kind)
gonzo
budazz wrote:
love is something that has no real definition

You must have an unpleasant existence. All words have specific meaning. Why do you suppose our language consists of more than one word? Try going a week by only using one word. May I suggest you use "duh" and see how you get along. I bethca it won't work too well

Did you not notice:
http://reallove.net/

?
saiyeek
Love is all about, if you are talking about girl/boy relationship then it is no more than infatuation, useless infatuation, very bad time pass and waste of money and sometimes cause of complications like pregnancy and getting away from freedom.
gonzo
saiyeek wrote:
Love is all about,

you never completed this assertion. why?

Quote:
if you are talking about girl/boy relationship

As opposed to what??

Quote:
then it is no more than infatuation

love is NOT synonymous with infatuation anymore than it is with lust.

Quote:
complications like pregnancy

What has led you to misconstrue that pregnancy is a pejorative???

Quote:
getting away from freedom.

:sigh: What do you think true freedom is?
bcnhs81
It is cmmon for us to feel love. I myself have been in love in the past (though it was not that good). But even though that was my experience, i still cling on to the hope that love will always find you as long as you remain true. For me love is like a beacon.. a landmark which guides you so that you will not get lost.. Though there are some that are may make you go the wrong path.. Love is a gift and it is up to us on how we treasure that gift.. True Love entails sacrifices and pains.. but the joy and contentment surpassess the pains.. Love is sweeter if it is true and the feeling is mutual.. Very Happy
HunnyBaby
wow this topic actually had good answers lol good job FH community!!!!!!!