FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Apollo 15 - A Hoax or not?

Apollo15 Hoax?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

subhan1
Yesterday, I was having a search on Apollo15 @ Youtube. I came a across many videos which are looking authentic and are proving that Apollo 15 was just a Hoax. especially the wavin flag hoax :/
What are your comments?
Ankhanu
subhan1 wrote:
I came a across many videos which are looking authentic and are proving that Apollo 15 was just a Hoax.

Perhaps that should read "looking authentic and are attempting to show..." They prove nothing Razz

My comment is that, by and large, the information available on the moon landing being a hoax appears to be simple conspiracy theory, and ignores the fact that the landing site has been photographed by independently operated satellites, and the fact that there is an actively used mirror installation from the landing that is used in ongoing ranging (laser ranging retro-reflectors (LRRRs)) by both NASA and independent third-parties. (Among other third-party evidence).

Basically, until they have something solid, rather than inference and circumstantial evidence, it falls pretty hard into the realm of conspiracy theory.
kelseymh
subhan1 wrote:
Yesterday, I was having a search on Apollo15 @ Youtube. I came a across many videos which are looking authentic and are proving that Apollo 15 was just a Hoax. especially the wavin flag hoax :/
What are your comments?

It's crap. Fundamentally, ignornant crap, promulgated by conspiracy theorists who form their own ideas and promote them without conducting any research except to find (or manufacture) support for their ideas.

The "flag waving hoax" is almost trivially dealt with. You can see a lovely visual example in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy_theories#Environment , with two separate frames taken from the film of Aldrin saluting the (unchanging) flag. The framework on which the flag was hung consisted of two relatively thin telescoping rods, so of course the flag will not hang stretched out, but will have drapes (folds) in it.

The rest of the so-called "evidence" is equally straightforward to debunk. The problem, of course is that (a) conspiracy theorists are not interested in any information which contradicts their invention, and (b) any debunking which is "accepted" is immediately explained away with some new invention.
Bikerman
What Mike said.
It's garbage.
Hira
I don't believe the concept behind it as it raises so many question in my mind and no one has a answer about it.
Bikerman
What do you not believe? That they landed on the moon? Well, they did, so whether you believe it or not, it is fact.
I've actually watched a laser fired which bounces off a reflective apparatus placed on the moon by astronauts (I think it might have been Armstrong) and is used to measure the distance between earth and moon very accurately. No doubt about it, and anyone who DOES doubt it is either stupid, gullible, or both.
subhan1
but wikipedia link only shows some stills not a full video of anything - I need answers on wavin flag thing
Ankhanu
subhan1 wrote:
but wikipedia link only shows some stills not a full video of anything - I need answers on wavin flag thing

How about the hammer/feather drop?
Bikerman