FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Minecraft/Terraria

Which game do you think is better?
Minecraft
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Terraria
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

TheRPGLPer
I don't know if there is already a thread for these games because I couldn't find one, but... here we go.

Minecraft
Minecraft is a sandbox survival game made in java where you craft, build, and survive. You could build basically whatever you want. Also, you can mine and dig and basically do anything.

I think Minecraft is a really fun game and I honestly think it was worth the $21.49 I paid for it (though it's around $26.95 now).

Terraria
Think of this game as a 2D version of Minecraft, but just as fun if not more fun. Though, while Minecraft is still being updated, Terraria is finished.

So... what are your opinions on these games. Have you had any fun experiences or funny stuff happen to you while playing you would like to share.

I constantly have pigs get stuck on one block of a fence and start spinning on it.

So, what do all of you think?
dohzr
I bought minecraft back when it was in alpha and cost me about $10. The game came a long way since then.
TheRPGLPer
I would've bought it then but I didn't know about it until beta 1.2 and that's when I bought it.

Minecraft has come a long way since then, currently 1.3.1 released.

Terraria, not as much as Minecraft since it's not going to be updated anymore.

Still, both are very fun games.
weableandbob
I remember when a few people in an old gaming group introduced everyone to Minecraft. Back then, it has just gone into alpha, and there were maybe 1000 registered people and a few hundred purchases. It's kind of weird seeing it become such a massively popular game a few years later.
TheRPGLPer
weableandbob wrote:
I remember when a few people in an old gaming group introduced everyone to Minecraft. Back then, it has just gone into alpha, and there were maybe 1000 registered people and a few hundred purchases. It's kind of weird seeing it become such a massively popular game a few years later.

Three years ago, Notch came up with a game idea based off another game, in which he expected maybe 1000 to buy it.

But now close to 6,000,000 people have bought it, so notch is rich.