FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

London Olympic refueling!

halebill
You are looking forward to the Olympic Games in London?
InfernoStar
Yes I watch then everyday!!
InfernoStar
Edit : them*
nguyenvulong
Guess which team r gonna be awesome this year ? Wink
wellerchap
as a patriotic British man I'm very proud of the whole thing...our country really did a great job...I hope the games came over as well overseas as they did here.
deanhills
wellerchap wrote:
as a patriotic British man I'm very proud of the whole thing...our country really did a great job...I hope the games came over as well overseas as they did here.
Agreed. The Brits are excellent at events like these. I'm also impressed with how they fared at the Olympics too, No. 3. Which is up one from No. 4 at the previous games, and up from No. 9 or 10 from the games before that. Well done indeed! Very Happy
johans
the games where all exciting... wow.. I hope i can watch live in Brazil Rio on 2016.. Very Happy
Insanity
I can't imagine how life was in London during the games... it must have been super crowded everywhere, especially during rush hour. I know London is a super dense area, so adding a bunch of foreigners couldn't have been comfortable for people living there.
wellerchap
There'd actually been a lot of publicity leading up to the Games, telling people to expect delays & congestion in and around London - this had the desired effect of frightening people away - the city centre was unusually quiet most of the time.
Shops & businesses have reported a lull in trading during the Games period, and on the whole across the country there's been a very real sense that lots of lives have been put on hold while the event took place.
24aug2013
I live very near the olympic village and I have to admit, the traffic in the area was better during the olympics and before. A lot of people got scared by the news of all the expected traffic jams and stayed at home. So driving around London was great. I wish it stayed like this after the event too!