FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox

Jack_Hammer
I am having problems with firefox in so far that the Apple Quicktime plugin doesn't work, I have installed it manually (With iTunes *shivers) but I don't know why it doesn't work.
Arin
You didnt write what OS you use.. but lets assume its Windows.

Try to uninstall both Firefox and iTunes feature. Then get the newest release of Firefox (maybe even 1.5 beta2 :D) and install it. Open that site where plugin is required and let browser to install it.

If instalation fails - make sure that your firewall is not preventing any outgoing connection from your browser, and then from the install package. I dont remember how the QuickTime plugin autoinstalls, but I know that for example Java plugin install package requires multiple connections with some Sun servers.

In case of further problems please post here some error messages so I could try to provide more specific help :).

Cheers,
Arin.
Jack_Hammer
I am using windows XP Pro x64
Also i am techinically not using windows more a recompiled 64bit version,
James007
Yes, Maybe those things should be optimised.
When FireFox is installing.. (or TRYING to install) the flash, or apple plugin, it just tells you that it didn't work and you need to search it yourself.
And I have no Firewall problem... It's just the firefox... Confused

James Smile
Arin
James007 wrote:
Yes, Maybe those things should be optimised.
When FireFox is installing.. (or TRYING to install) the flash, or apple plugin, it just tells you that it didn't work and you need to search it yourself.
And I have no Firewall problem... It's just the firefox... :?

While makin the plugin search Firefox needs to use a search server. And a little malfunction of that server, or even of connection with it, is enough to bring an error message. Have more faith - Firefox is really good piece of code :).

Cheers,
Arin.
James007
Of course it is... I am a FireFox lover Smile

James Smile
aziz79
I use QuickTime Alternative..
this software work perfectly with my FireFox
its freeware http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm
Jack_Hammer
I wonder whether it will work on a 64bit OS?
Arin
Jack_Hammer wrote:

Personally I am not using any 64bit CPU yet, but you can check this:

http://www.mozilla-x86-64.com/download.html

And dont forget to post here your opinion! :)

Cheers,
Arin.
budazz
did you rebooted your PC after installing the quicktime?...
Jack_Hammer
Arin wrote:
Jack_Hammer wrote:

Personally I am not using any 64bit CPU yet, but you can check this:

http://www.mozilla-x86-64.com/download.html

And dont forget to post here your opinion! Smile

Cheers,
Arin.

Thats the version I'm currently using
Wink
KiteSurfer
I have also that problem and nothiong wil work
i think it is a software problem but not of firefox but of
windows i have xp and thats not cool
wactac
Have you checked the firefox forums. This might be a common error with an easy fix.
TheGeek
its possible that since its not an official release yet that the beta version is still just buggy. I would try uninstalling both itunes and firefox and try re-installing firefox and try again, it was probably just a either a buggy install or its a bug in the software.
RA
Usually when a plugin doesn't work in Mozilla/Firefox, it is caused by the DLL not being in the plugins folder. Since it is the plugin's job to place its DLL in the Firefox plugins folder, if you install Firefox AFTER you install the plugin, then this won't happen and you have to do it yourself. I agree this is kind of stupid, but thats how it is.
Kd527
It could be because you're using windoze x64.
Jack_Hammer
I got it working now but with Quicktime and Real Player Alternatives which work a lot better and faster in my opinion and I'm not supporting the use of Mac's.
Tasukii
redownload it
pjv
I just love Firefox! One of the best software ever developed. If you have problems with it, might just be a corrupt installer. Try download it again. Smile
yjwong
No it isn't a corrupt installer...Mine does not work with Quicktime...
bananaphone
Youll probably find WindowsXP64 dosen't support it - dual boot with normal windows xp and try it there.
WiaWeb
Sometimes you have to install the plug-ins directly from the quick-time site Confused