FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I can't reply to posts anymore

nickfyoung
Just upgraded my computer and now I can't reply to posts. I use the quote button to reply, is that the only way. When I try to type a reply the page jumps up and down so I can't reply.
Is something wrong with the settings on my new computer.
zimmer
wired.. I can post and click any options i can.
Ankhanu
Testing on my laptop and on my iPad, I'm having zero problem replying, quoting, reporting, etc. throughout the forum.

The issue may be on your end. What browser are you using? Have you done any system maintenance lately?
SonLight
nickfyoung wrote:
Just upgraded my computer and now I can't reply to posts. I use the quote button to reply, is that the only way. When I try to type a reply the page jumps up and down so I can't reply.
Is something wrong with the settings on my new computer.

You can reply using the qoute button (as I did, to copy text from your post) or by using the "post reply" button at the end of the thread. You might have a browser setting wrong I suppose, or it just got stuck for some unknown reason. if it happens a lot, I would suggest trying with a different browser.
ocalhoun
Besides trying a different browser, I'd also recommend clearing your browser's cache.

On several occasions users on my forum were having persistent, and equally strange, issues, only to be solved when they cleared their browser's cache... Somehow the cache files had become corrupted, and since the browser used those files when displaying the site, the site was also corrupted (from their point of view).
nickfyoung
ocalhoun wrote:
Besides trying a different browser, I'd also recommend clearing your browser's cache.

On several occasions users on my forum were having persistent, and equally strange, issues, only to be solved when they cleared their browser's cache... Somehow the cache files had become corrupted, and since the browser used those files when displaying the site, the site was also corrupted (from their point of view).

Just downloaded Firefox and seems to have a difference.
Bondings
nickfyoung wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

Which browser (and version) were you using on your new computer that had this problem?
nickfyoung
Bondings wrote:
nickfyoung wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

Which browser (and version) were you using on your new computer that had this problem?

It was just the basic internet explorer. Very frustrating trying to answer a post.
deanhills
One reason why I don't use Internet Explorer is that I sometimes write longer posts, and for some or other reason it limits you in the length of the post. At a certain length the bottom line keeps disappearing. It is there, but it is hidden of sorts. So Mozilla Firefox is the only browser that really works well for me with posting in Forums.
Ankhanu
Are you only having issues when you hit the quote button (right arrow), or do you also have problems when you use the reply button (left arrow)?

nickfyoung
Well there you go. I have been searching for that button for weeks and weeks. Thank you for pointing it out for me.
At last I have a means of a basic reply.

I knew it was there somewhere as it was mentioned before but , eyes must be getting old too. Thank you for simplifying it for me.