FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't access my blog

nickfyoung
Upgraded my computer and saved my desktop shortcuts to stick. Now the shortcut to Wordpress dashboard won't load. Tried resetting password with Wordpress but nothing works. All I get is Error establishing a database connection.
Can I access my WordPress admin through the hosting admin page.
nickfyoung
nickfyoung wrote:
Upgraded my computer and saved my desktop shortcuts to stick. Now the shortcut to Wordpress dashboard won't load. Tried resetting password with Wordpress but nothing works. All I get is Error establishing a database connection.

Now all links to my blog from Google don't work either.
Something has closed down my blog and i can't access it at all.
Vanilla
Since when are you getting this error message? Sometimes it just goes back to normal. I cannot see what could go wrong with you updating your computer and it messing up with your blog. Make sure to check wp-config.php to see if the information is the same as the database you created.

You can access your blog through your admin panel here: http://internetmarketing.frihost.org:2222/
As I said, check your database info and see if there's a problem with that. Wink
nickfyoung
Vanilla wrote:
Since when are you getting this error message? Sometimes it just goes back to normal. I cannot see what could go wrong with you updating your computer and it messing up with your blog. Make sure to check wp-config.php to see if the information is the same as the database you created.

You can access your blog through your admin panel here: http://internetmarketing.frihost.org:2222/
As I said, check your database info and see if there's a problem with that. Wink

I can get to the admin panel but what do I do after that. Where do I find the link to my blog. Sorry, I am not techy.
zimmer
nickfyoung wrote:
Vanilla wrote:

I can get to the admin panel but what do I do after that. Where do I find the link to my blog. Sorry, I am not techy.

hmmm... whats wrong?
Marcuzzo
I have not worked with wordpress before but I can't get my head around your situation.
Wordpress is a CMS, pretty much the same as drupal, which I've used most of the times.
and it can be either:
- hosted on a webserver on the internet, in which case a pc upgrade could not be the problem since your PC is not hosting the site.
- or on a (portable) Apache server ( XAMMP, WAMMP, ect...)

nickfyoung wrote:
Upgraded my computer and saved my desktop shortcuts to stick.

what did you save on your (usb?) stick:
- the shortcut's (*.lnk) to the website?
- the shortcut to localhost?
- wordpress installation folder?

TIP: right-click on the shortcut and select properties, it should tell you the URL

nickfyoung wrote:
Now the shortcut to Wordpress dashboard won't load.

- have you tried to enter the url manually?
- have you checked on the server if all the files are still there?

nickfyoung wrote:
Tried resetting password with Wordpress but nothing works

which password did you reset? wordpress login? sql password?

nickfyoung wrote:
All I get is Error establishing a database connection.

normally you will get a reason why the database is unavailable

nickfyoung wrote:

again, I'm not sure how this can be related to the 'stick'

if you can tell me exactly and in detail what you did, how you did it and to what, myself or another frihoster should be able to help but at the moment the information you've given us is a little vague
nickfyoung
Marcuzzo wrote:
I have not worked with wordpress before but I can't get my head around your situation.
Wordpress is a CMS, pretty much the same as drupal, which I've used most of the times.
and it can be either:
- hosted on a webserver on the internet, in which case a pc upgrade could not be the problem since your PC is not hosting the site.
- or on a (portable) Apache server ( XAMMP, WAMMP, ect...)

nickfyoung wrote:
Upgraded my computer and saved my desktop shortcuts to stick.

what did you save on your (usb?) stick:
- the shortcut's (*.lnk) to the website?
- the shortcut to localhost?
- wordpress installation folder?

TIP: right-click on the shortcut and select properties, it should tell you the URL

nickfyoung wrote:
Now the shortcut to Wordpress dashboard won't load.

- have you tried to enter the url manually?
- have you checked on the server if all the files are still there?

nickfyoung wrote:
Tried resetting password with Wordpress but nothing works

which password did you reset? wordpress login? sql password?

nickfyoung wrote:
All I get is Error establishing a database connection.

normally you will get a reason why the database is unavailable

nickfyoung wrote:

again, I'm not sure how this can be related to the 'stick'

if you can tell me exactly and in detail what you did, how you did it and to what, myself or another frihoster should be able to help but at the moment the information you've given us is a little vague

Thanks for all that.

Bondings got it going for me today. file thing or something.