FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Uploading Files

13thCINDERELLA
I'm prolly crazy and either over looked the answer to this or it is so simple that I am simply the only person to ever ask it. Smile

Until now I've only used FreeServers and have had limited use with FTP, but I think I have a good handle on it. My problem is that I can't figure out what folder to put the files in. *blush* I feel like such an ignorant person...whew, but I can't figure out where all my files should go to make the pages show up rather than just the "website is being built page." If anyone could help me out I would LOVE it!

Anyway, sorry if this has been asked before but I had to know before I started uploading files in folders that just don't need any touching. Mm. Smile
dxhunter
I think I little understnad you...
Uoı upload you web sites files on Frihost.net WWW Folder. you upload your files www folder...
4f
if you are using directadmin
you may upload files in 'public_html' folder

and if you use cp
you'd uploas files
and transfer them into "www"file or "public_html"folder
13thCINDERELLA
Yup, it was the "public_html" folder! Thank you both so much for your help, it's nice to see that so many people are here know what they are talking about and are willing to help people out. I'm well underway uploading my sites files on, and I'm excitied about getting it onto the interent. I appreciate all your help! Smile
mimsxmassacre
well how do you edit the files in the public_html folder???